Chapter 2

We arrived at large gates made out of gold. Guards stood on either side of them, and they looked like, wait, yetis? I don't know what to expect in this school. The yetis motioned for us to get out, and they took our bags and put them on a large carpet. The carpet flew off, over the large gates and fence. I couldn't see where it went, there were too many trees. The yetis handed my parents a note, saying that they had to leave us here, at the gates.

"Bye Dad," I hugged him. "I'll visit over break." I hugged Mom next.

"Make friends, honey," she whispered. "Don't shut people out." I bit my lip and nodded. I smiled at my parents and they said bye one last time. They drove off, and we got in a white carriage trimmed with gold. We had to wait for another person or two to come in so they could use less carriages.

I took out my earbuds as I heard more people approaching, ones with thick, Scottish accents.

"I KNOW Mum!" A girl said. "Yeh've sed it a thousand times, I got teh point! Bu-bye!"

A girl with light blue eyes and a ton of frizzy red hair climbed into the carriage and plopped beside me. She wore a deep green dress and had a bow and arrows slung over her shoulder. She pulled out her phone for a second, to check it, I guess. She put it away and looked at me.

"Merida, Merida DunBroch," she said. "You?"

I sat up a little. "Elsa Arendelle, and this is my sister, Anna." Anna smiled wide, and waved. Merida nodded. I cleared my throat and remembered what my mother had said about making friends. "So, did you come here for archery?"

Merida nodded. "I'm also first born in me tribe, so I'm kinda royalty, too."

"Cool," I responded. "I'm also first born, heir to throne of Arendelle. I also have ice powers."

"I heard Arendelle's a nice place," Merida said. "What kinda ice powers ye got, lass?" I opened my hand and a swirl of ice and snow shimmered out. Merida looked amused.

"I have plant powers!" Anna exclaimed. She waved her hand and a bundle of roses plopped in Merida's lap. She chuckled.

"Nice, lass," Merida told her. "Can yeh tie up people wit vines?" Anna twirled her hand and Merida's hands and feet were stuck together with green vines. Anna and I laughed while Merida struggled to get out. "Don't get on me bad side lass." She joked. We all chatted on the way to the school, and we were all surprised when the carriage suddenly halted. We looked out the window.

A huge building made up of so many different types of materials, bricks, gold, bronze, silver, quartz, stone, plants, ice, even lava. To the right of the building was a big tank of water, with fish and mermaids swimming around. There was a separate, smaller building, the dorms. The windows were customized with drawings, pictures, and other things. In front of the school and dorms, there were fields with green grass, dotted with many large, old-looking trees. There were different types of people and creatures, some on the ground, some flying or hovering, some riding on... dragons?

There was a grand entrance to the school made of white marble columns and gold and brass doors. The carriage dropped us off at the white steps where an older, chubby woman with white hair and a light blue hooded robe stood. She had a wand in her hand and a bright pink bow under her chin.

"Hello, Dearies!" The woman cheerily greeted. "Names please?" Merida, Anna and I said our names and the woman smiled. "Bibbity Bobbity Boo!" Three packets appeared in front of us, and we grabbed our assigned ones. "The magic carpet is in the dorm lobby with your things, and if you have any questions, you can ask Toothiana, the head of the girls' dorms. Have a nice day!"

We thanked her and set off towards the dorms.