Chapter 11

Elsa's POV

I was sitting at the school café, which was located off of the dorm lounge. I drank hot chocolate and picked at a biscuit while reading a book. It was a quiet Saturday afternoon, because most students were out watching a chariot race between the Greek and Roman demigods. Tiana, the waitress, poured me more hot chocolate and threw in a few marshmallows. I thanked her and kept reading.

"Interesting book, eh?" A voice said. I looked up and saw Jack. "I've been sitting across from you for, like, five minutes and you haven't noticed." I closed my book and sipped the hot chocolate from my mug.

"Sorry," I shrugged. "You could call me a book nerd." Jack smiled at me with his snow-white teeth, and ordered a giant cookie from Tiana. We chatted about the homework assignment from Ms. Gothel's class, which is to write a song with two or more people. Anna and Hans walked in, holding hands and smiling.

I have never trusted Hans, I'm not sure why. I guess it's the sideburns, or the fake smile he gives me whenever he's with Anna. He never smiles when he's not with Anna, though, and that's suspicious.

"Excuse me miss, do you have chocolate sandwiches?" Hans asked Tiana with a smile. Anna giggled, and Tiana raised an eyebrow and stopped sweeping the floor.

"Chocolate sandwiches?" She repeated. Anna nodded excitedly. "No." Anna frowned.

"Why not?" She pouted. Tiana put her hand on her hip.

"Honey, I can make you whatever's on the menu board," Tiana explained, gesturing with her broom to the menu board. "Chocolate sandwiches is not on the board." Anna sighed loudly and sadly, looking at Hans.

"It's alright sweetums, I'll get you whatever you want- that's on the board," Hans cooed. I looked at Jack and faked gagging. Anna giggled and kissed Hans- for a few more seconds than necessary. Jack and I looked away, pretending not to notice.

Hans POV

If only they knew my plan.

***

Jack POV

~timeskip-2 weeks~

"Are you ready?" Ms. Gothel asked, gnawing on her pen. I bit my lip and looked at my group. We all nodded. I approached the guitar, Elsa the piano, Merida the drums, Flynn the bass guitar, Punzie the microphone, and Hiccup with the maracas.

"5, 6, 7, 8..." Merida called out. I looked over at Elsa. She started out our song, her fingers flying over the keys and her eyes focused on her sheet music. Flynn and Hiccup came in, followed by me and Merida. Punzie came in last, her voice filling the auditorium.

Elsa could've sung, too, but she didn't want to. Punzie sounded clear and confident, with all the instruments harmonizing perfectly together. Three minutes whizzed by and our song was over. We all looked at eachother and smiled.

Ms. Gothel clapped when it was over. "Great job everyone! What's the name of your 'band?'"

I looked at Punzie, and she shrugged.

"Slappy Jack and the Snowflake Crew?" I suggested. A chorus of No's erupted from behind me. I snickered.

"Chocolate Rock," Elsa said. "No real meaning behind it, I just really want chocolate."

Long story short, our new band name is Chocolate Rock.

***

Elsa and I were in my dorm, working on an assigned project that was due the next day. I sat on my bed and she sat in a swivel chair, typing on her laptop. Hiccup was on a date with Merida, so I had the dorm all to myself.