Chapter 12

Jack's POV

I decided it was time to train some more, always ready and on alert. Pitch hadn't attacked in a while, and I was becoming suspicious as to why. The training room's above the gym, it was a large space with lots of large windows, mirrors, and targets that automatically reset themselves.

As I walked in, a fireball nearly took out my head. I ducked quickly.

"Whoa! Sorry dude!" A voice called. It was a boy with dark, curly hair and light brown skin wearing a white henley and overalls. In his hands, fire was ignited. He was standing opposite of Elsa, who had ice formed in her hands.

The fire boy shot flames at Elsa. Elsa rolled over and shot a dozen ice darts at him, but he deflected them with a fire wall in which he created, and started pushing toward her. Elsa made an equally sized ice wall and pushed it, too. The walls shattered when they touched, sending fire and ice everywhere. The boy screeched when ice hit his arm and Elsa yelled when she got struck in the leg by a fireball.

I could tell it really hurt Elsa, for she was sucking up tears and gently coating the wound with snow. I could tell it hurt the boy too, for he was rocking back and forth and sucking on his thumb.

I walked over to Elsa and helped her up. She brushed off her leggings and thanked me. The boy got up, too, and walked over.

"Good match, Elsa," he said, and held his hand out.

"You too, Leo," she smiled, and she put her hand right before his hand, and they shook without actually touching eachother. They could see my confused face, so Leo explained.

"I'm the son of the Ancient Greek god, Hephaestus," he told me. "I can summon fire. My skin is too hot of a touch for Elsa to touch me, and Elsa's skin is too cold for me to touch. Therefore, we cannot properly shake."

"Ah," I said. "Ok. I'm Frost, Jack Frost."

"James Bond graduated a while ago, son," Leo joked. I rolled my eyes. Elsa and I said bye to him, and we left.

"What do you want to do?" I asked as we arrived at the lounge. Elsa slumped in a chair, tapping her chin. Her eyes lit up.

"We could go ice skating!" She suggested. "or, get Chocolate Rock together and come up with new music. We could make pancakes or something. Or we could study." I shook my head at "study".

Elsa and I went to the pond, me carrying my hockey skates and stick over my shoulder. Every step we took, we frosted the grass and turned it white. It eventually melted, but it was still obvious. Elsa stepped on the pond and it immediately froze over. She hopped around it to make sure it was stable, and fell through.

I scurried over to where she fell. The ice shouldn't have melted- everything froze under her step. I wasn't too concerned, because I knew the cold didn't bother her, but I still hurried. I peered through the crack and saw her struggling to pull herself up, and I reached down to lift her out.

But I noticed something.

Something was pulling her down, and I could tell by the darkness at her feet and her panicked expression. She looked at me with her wide, icy blue eyes, and I summoned my staff. It just barely reached her, she was so deep. I let out a blast at the creature that pulled her under and it looked like, what...? A dark, sandy version, of...

"Hans?!" Elsa gasped, collapsing on the ice and coughing up water. She crawled further away, sputtering and groaning. I cursed at myself.

"It should've been me," I muttered. "I could have at least dove in after you." Elsa weakly wrung out her braid.

"No," she croaked. "I couldn't stand you getting hurt." I scooted over to where she lay between the icy pond and grass, and hugged her. "Anna... I need to tell Anna..."

***

Elsa POV

"Anna! Please listen." I pleaded. Anna turned away from me and crossed her arms.

"You were drowning and dizzy and you probably just saw things!" Anna defensively said.

"Anna, I know what I saw," I explained, getting desperate. "Don't you trust me? All I'm saying is not to trust Hans! I can't believe you're picking him over me."

"Hans is a nice guy!" Anna told me. I slumped back in my chair, giving up. Anna gave me a "hmph" and started to leave the lounge, when Hans walked in.

He greeted Anna with a smile but his face darkened when he saw me. I gestured toward him.

"See his face?! He's guilty of something!" I cried out. Hans glared at me. "He's glaring!"

Anna stuck her tongue out at me and walked away, hand in hand with Hans.

***

I woke up that night hungry. Astrid and I still haven't gotten any snacks for our dorm yet, and it's been about a month and a half since we've arrived at school.

I tiptoed out of bed, down the stairs, and out the door into the quiet hall. My bare feet padded down the stairwells into the lobby, and into the kitchenette. There were only a few foods, since there was also a dorm café. I grabbed an apple and bit into it, brushing off my old t-shirt and pajama-shorts. I was about to turn around, when I felt a prick in the back of my neck. I reached my hand back, expecting a little spider to have landed on me or something, but I found something round and squishy.

Carefully yet quickly, I pulled it out. A dart? Oh, gods, a tranquilizer dart? I whipped around to see none other than Hans. My knees grew weak and I felt control over my body slipping from my grasp. I started to collapse, but then something made me stand up.

My arms stretched out and my toes wiggled, but I wasn't controlling them.

"Hans," I greeted, nodding. Except for I wasn't actually talking, it was something possessing me. I tried to take control, talk, or move, but I could only watch where my eyes looked.

Who are you? I hissed into my mind. I felt myself smirk.

Just call me Azelle. A nastier version of my voice responded. Azelle stretched my fingers again, giggling with satisfaction.

"I like this body," she said. "I could stay in here for a long time." Hans smiled evilly. Azelle strode up to Hans, stroking his sideburns. I mentally shuddered. Even though I was trapped in my own mind, I could still feel everything that Azelle did, felt, touched, etc.

No, no, no! I screamed as Azelle closed her eyes and leaned into Hans. His lips crashed into mine/Azelle's, and I was screaming and pounding against the walls of my mind. Azelle, disgustingly, deepened the kiss and I mentally threw up.

I fought and fought and fought for control. I gave up. I slid to the back corner or my mind, trying not to feel the disgusting mouth that was on mine. I screamed at Azelle, but she didn't respond. But that's not the worst.

"Elsa? What in the name of the gods are you doing?!"