Chapter 14

Jack POV

I had finally brought all the parts for my prank together.

I had planned on holding it off, because I liked Elsa, but we've drifted apart. She got out of the hospital wing two days ago after being in there for a week. Hans was sent to Azkaban, and Azelle hasn't showed up again. I wasn't sure if I still trusted Elsa, I mean, we were never official, but I still wanted to know.

There was not a whole lot of a difference between Azelle and Elsa, so I couldn't tell if a Elsa actually kissed Hans. Also, what was Elsa doing with Hans anyway, together, alone, in the middle of the night? Whenever I tried to approach her or talk to her, she changes the subject or flutters away, obviously uncomfortable.

But nobody has found Anna.

Anna had just disappeared into dust, and we don't know if she actually, you know, died or not. We had multiple search parties with all of our best seekers, including Baymax, who had scanned every inch of everywhere in search for her. The head of the search mission included me, Rapunzel, Hiccup, Flynn, Merida, and Elsa. But Elsa rarely came to meetings, and when she did, she never spoke and she kept her head down.

I was unpacking my prank supplies from a box I had stored them in a while ago, and humming to the Arctic Monkeys. Elsa and I would listen to them together, and that brought up memories that I wasn't comfortable with raiding my brain. I quickly shut off the music and got to work.

***

It was one o'clock in the morning. Everything was set up, and the hallways and dorms on the girl's floor were quiet. It was Friday, so most girls were out at a get-together, and planning for the big Thanksgiving feast.

I smirked as I finished the last touch, and quickly and quietly hid in a dark ceiling corner as I heard chattering coming up the stairwell. The first one to come out was Heather, and it worked out perfectly.

Heather was talking with her snobby friends, and was walking down the hall toward the dorms. She suddenly tripped, over my tripwire, and that set off a series of connected levers and pulleys to finally open a chest at the end of the hall. Multiple boggarts escaped, showing all the girls's worst fears.

The boggarts took forms of sharks, gunmen, teachers, ghosts, and more. Their reaction?

They screamed and ran.

But that wasn't the entire prank. I had set up multiple trip-wires around, and some fell face-first into crime pies. It was hilarious. But then, I saw Elsa walk through. When she saw the commotion, she looked around at the abnormal fears running around. She thrust out her arm and shot one with ice. The boggart shape-shifted into Anna, and fell, as if it were dead. An image of dead Anna was laying, crumpled on the floor, not moving. Elsa gagged.

"Oh my gods," she breathed. "Oh my-did I just do that? I'm a monster. I have to leave. I knew it wasn't safe. I want to go home. Oh Anna, Anna, Anna." Elsa said this quietly, so only I could hear her.

I had instantly regretted this prank. I just wanted to have fun! But I knew deep inside I still liked her. Elsa had turned to leave through the stairwell.

"Elsa, no!" I fiercely said. I had blew my cover. I was caught. Why did I do this? Elsa looked around, but then lied cold, icy eyes on me. She didn't look happy.

Elsa POV

Of course.

Jack.

I can't believe him. I stared at him with a cold glare.

"You did this?" I asked. "You put the boggarts here?" Jack didn't respond. "I can't believe you." I pushed the door open to the stairwell and angrily stomped down it. All my friends were upstairs, Anna was gone, I can't leave school grounds, where was I going?

I headed to the dragon stables. I saw Stormfly, Astrid's dragon, and entered her stable. Stormfly looked at me oddly, but then I through her a chicken leg. She instantly caught it in her mouth and chittered happily. She walked up to me so I could pet her, but when I placed my hand on her, she flinched away from my cold touch. I sighed.

"What am I going to do?" I buried my face in my hands, desperately to start bawling. I need to find Anna.

"What's on your mind, Snow Queen?" I heard Hiccup's voice. I looked up and saw him. He's such a dorky, awkward, yet friendly person that he's comforting to have around.

"I just want the perfect life with a perfect family, boyfriend, friends, etc," I told him. "Is that too much to ask for?"

"Yes," Hiccup nodded. "But you just have to make due with what you have." He plopped down beside me against the stable wall. I wiped a tear from my eye.

"You're the one to talk," I said. "You can train dragons, your father is the chief of Berk, you have a nice girlfriend, you have plenty of friends, you're smart, I could go on!" Hiccup clicked his tongue.

"Merida is... well... I don't know," he started. "I just don't think she's, you know, the One." I snapped my head around to look at him.

"You're going to break up with her?" I demanded. "What?!"

"I don't know!" Hiccup said defensively, raising up his arms. "The first week or two was nice, but I'm not feeling a spark, like what Flynn says about Punzie. My feelings romantically have just, decreased slowly for a while now." He rubbed his hand against his head.

I looked at him with softer eyes. "I could talk to Mer if you want me to," I offered. Hiccup smiled weakly.

"Thanks," he murmured. "You're a cool person, Elsa. Literally, too. You're a nice friend."

"You too, Haddock," I responded, leaning my head against the stable wall. "You too."