Chapter 9

Rapunzel's POV

As soon as North announced the dance, my thoughts raced to my crush.

Flynn Rider.

I really hope he asks me! His beautiful chocolate colored eyes, the way his hair falls into his face, the facial hair.

Some boys started looking over at our table, whispering to their friends. Hans, Anna's sort-of-boyfriend asked her and she said yes with a squeal. I smiled at her happily. Merida's sort-of-boyfriend, Hiccup, asked her too. She said yes also, just with not as much enthusiasm.

Elsa sat, swirling her chocolate pudding around and reading. Mavis, Elsa's friend, was talking to a bat. Katniss sat by Merida, carving a sharp point into a stick. Astrid was drawing out battle plans. A blonde boy with blue eyes walked up to Katniss and handed her a cupcake.

"Be my date to the dance?" He asked. Katniss smiled.

"Sure, Peeta," she answered. "Thanks for the cupcake." When Peeta left, she basically swallowed the cupcake whole. I giggled.

Pascal, my chameleon, tugged on my ear and pointed my head toward Flynn Rider, who was

Walking. Straight. Towards. Me.

I tried to keep my cool and pretended not to pay attention as he walked over. I took a small, delicate bite of my dinner roll, and looked up, pretending to be surprised when I looked up into his gorgeous brown eyes.

"Hey, Rapunzel," Flynn awkwardly greeted me. "Wanna go to the dance with me?" I smiled, still breathing abnormally because I could hardly contain myself.

I brushed a strand of hair out of my face. "Sure, Flynn." He looked happy. He was so adorable when he smiled! Ugh. It took all my might not to kiss him right then and there.

"Rapunzel's a mouthful, you can call me Punzie or Rap." I said as he started walking away. He looked back and winked at me.

When he was gone, I let out a quiet screech. Elsa laughed.

"Don't you like him?" She asked. I nodded, unable to speak. Anna and everyone else congratulated me. I was so happy.

"Next," I started. "Elsa's turn!" Elsa dropped her spoon.

"What?"

"Yep!" I said happily. "How about the big demigod, Frank?"

"He's dating Hazel," Anna said.

"Augustus Waters?"

"He's dating the other Hazel."

"Prince Charming?"

"Cinderella."

"Gale?"

"Heather."

"Heather?" I stopped. "Isn't she dating Jack Frost?" Anna played with a flower in her hands.

"Nope," she said. "I'm a gossip machine, I know everything. Jack and Heather broke up yesterday after the battle ended. Jack is a single guy."

"That's it, Elsa!" I clapped my hands. "You're going with Jack."

Elsa violently shook her head. "Jack's a total jerk. There is no way." Anna and I rolled our eyes.

***

Elsa's POV

~time skip- thursday~

Mavis and I bolted down the stairs. Mr. Jorgensen had kept us longer, and wouldn't give us a late slip. We knew Professor Trinket wouldn't be happy if we were late to class. We sped to our lockers, changed our books at record speed, and bolted down the hallway.

Mavis turned into a bat and I iced the floor in front of me to make myself go faster. We tumbled through the doorway, sweating and messy right as the bell rung. I heard Jack snicker I rolled my eyes and brushed off my blue skirt and white sweater. I redid my french braid quickly as Professor Trinket explained today's history lesson.

I payed attention and took many notes to keep my grades up. As she was explaining the history of Chicago and the factions, Belle, who was sitting next to me, passed me a note.

"I don't know who it's from," she whispered. I nodded and unfolded it.

Come to dance w/ me?

There was no name on it, so I didn't know who it was. I didn't like anyone in this class anyway, so under it, I wrote "No." I passed it back to Belle and within three minutes I got another yellow post-it note.

Please? I have no one to go with.

Who is this? I wrote. A few minutes later, I got another.

Meet me at lockers at end of class.

I tried looking around to catch someone's eye, but nobody would look at me. I sighed and waited for History to be over. The bell rang, and I slowly packed my things, knowing I had a study hall next period.

"Have a nice day, Elsa," Professor Trinket called behind her desk.

"You too," I responded. I exited the class and looked around.

"Looking for me?" A deep voice responded. I turned to see a buff guy with slicked back black hair in a low ponytail. I rolled my eyes. "Belle turned me down for her boyfriend, who knows why, I mean look at me, but you're next on the list. So, go with me?"

I exhaled and looked up at him. "You have a list? That's low, even for you, Gaston." He faked being offended. "Well, I guess. I have no one else to go with. But we're not dating, ok?"

Gaston kissed his flexed muscles. "You never fail." He whispered. I knew I was going to regret this. But I don't want to go alone. Literally everyone has a date, even Mavis. She's going with Johnny, her friend who came with here from the monster hotel they live in. Anna, Rapunzel, Katniss, Merida, they all have dates. Even Heather, who got dumped three days ago has another date. Gale, I think his name is.

I sighed and sat down in the library, taking extra notes for each class. I didn't pay much attention to my book, though, I kept thinking how saying yes to Gaston was such a bad idea.