Chapter 10

Astrid POV

~Friday~
I crammed my toes into a pair of white flats and almost destroyed the shoes.

"How do you wear these?" I groaned. Elsa looked over at me and shrugged. She sat criss-cross on her bed, applying makeup yet still wearing her leggings and t-shirt. I was standing in a green and brown dress, trying to get ready for the dance. "Help with my hair?" I asked. Elsa flicked her hand and my hair fixed up in a pretty knot with loose strands around my face. Her powers sent a cold shiver down my spine, and I felt little snowflakes in my hair. "Are you going to get dressed?" I questioned. Elsa waved her hand, still focused on her eyeliner, and a dark blue dress with a flowy skirt that reached her knees with a black belt and cardigan appeared. Her hair was in a french braid that lie on her shoulder.

"Better?" Elsa smirked.

"Elsa, you are the definition of goals," I said. She laughed. "I'm serious."

My date, Eret, and I met down in the dorm lounge. He's handsome, just not my type. I can't stand his accent for that long.

"I am Eret, son of-"

"I know who you are, Eret," I interrupted him. "Let's just go, okay?" Eret agreed and we set off for the school.

"You look nice," he said.

"Thank you," I replied, with no emotion. When we got to the large gym, there were lots of rainbow and colored lights. Students were dancing and flying around to the beat of the music. I realized I was holding my breath and let it go.

"I'll get some punch," Eret offered, and walked away. I stood by the entrance, watching the people dance and enter the gym. Most everyone was with a date, but a single person caught my eye.

"You alone tonight, Frost?" I smirked. Jack looked down.

"I asked Audrey, the red-head, to go as a friend, but she said she wasn't going." he explained. I chuckled.

"You should go talk to Elsa," I told him. "She's with Gaston and having a horrible time." Jack whistled.

"Gaston? That's a brave move on her part."

"No kidding."

***

Jack's POV

I decided to take Astrid's advice and at least apologize to Elsa. I had been a real jerk and hadn't made a great first impression. Being with Heather didn't help either, for she was a brat to her, too.

Elsa was sitting at a table in the corner, her head leaning on her hand. She swirled her punch around with a straw and looked at it boredly. Gaston was in the center of the gym, flexing in front of a group of giggling girls. I couldn't help but feel bad for her. I pulled out a chair at her table and sat in it.

She looked up and her expression turned to confusion and a little bit of disgust. It hurt a little, I don't know why. "What do you want?"

I took a breath in. "To apologize," I explained. "I've been a total jerk to you lately and it's not fair to you. I'm sorry on Heather's part too, with the way she treated you. I understand if you don't accept." Elsa smiled a little.

"You're lucky I'm a forgiving person," she said. "I'm sorry, too." She looked down at her punch. "So how did you and Heather break up?"

I chuckled. "I had just had enough with her crap."

"I had enough of her crap before I even met her!" Elsa laughed. I smiled. She's pretty when she smiles. I thought.

"We should hang out more," I blurted out. Elsa eyed me weirdly. With the way she looked at me, I thought I had blew it.

"We should," she responded. "That would be fun."

"Well, I am the guardian of fun." I said. There's that smile again!

"Elsa babe!" A deep voice, Gaston, called. He slumped in a chair next to her and threw his arm around her, taking her punch and gulping it down. Elsa didn't protest, she just kept looking down at the table where her punch used to be. I stood up and walked to the drinks table, pouring her a new cup. I walked over and held it out to her.

"Thanks man," Gaston held out his hand to grab it, but I pulled back.

"This is for Elsa," I told him. Gaston raised an eyebrow.

"I want my punch."

"Get your own."

"I want that punch."

"Too bad."

"Give it to me."

"No."

Gaston stood, spat at me, and left, taking another random girl in his arms.

"Thanks," Elsa muttered.

***

Merida's POV

My arms were wrapped around Hiccup's neck, and his arms were around my waist. We were slow dancing to a slow song, most everyone was, but the people sitting at the tables in the back. I saw Elsa, talking to Jack. Jack? I thought he was a jerk to her. I thought. Oh, well. At least she's happy.

I looked to my left and Punzie and Flynn had eachother's arms around one another too, but it looks like they were telling jokes or funny stories because they both were laughing quietly, yet uncontrollably. I guess Hiccup noticed me looking at them.

"I've never seen Flynn like that," he said. "Punzie must be special." I laughed. I wonder where Anna is? I looked around the gym and saw Anna and Hans in a corner, kissing. I turned back and gagged.

"Not even a week 'ere, yet she got 'er lips on that Hans lad." I sighed. I turned back to face Hiccup and looked into his mesmerizing green eyes. The way he looked at me, just melted my heart. I wasn't expecting it, when he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. I was surprised, but I kissed back.

We pulled away. 5 seconds, I had counted. We still had our arms around each other. I rested my head on his chest, under his neck. Hiccup was cute, he played with my red curls with his fingers.

"Are we, like, official?" Hiccup asked me.

"You could say that," I answered with a smile.

***

Flynn's POV

Rapunzel and I couldn't stop laughing.

It seemed like all we did that night was laugh. We told each other jokes and embarrassing, funny stories from back at our old homes.

Rap's a very happy, fun person. I've never felt his way about any girl. I mean, obviously, I've had girlfriends before, but none had been like Punzie or made me feel a little spark whenever I talked to her.

"I climbed a tree at my mom's birthday party," Punzie was telling me. "My mom said for me to climb back down, but I jumped anyway. I landed right in the grumpy lady's cake! Ah, that was a glorious moment for me. Though, I got in so much trouble that my parents locked me in my room for two days."

I chuckled. Punzie giggled and looked behind me. I turned to see what she was laughing at, but there wasn't anything. I turned back around and her face was only a few inches away. She giggled, pecked my cheek, and spun back into her chair.

"What was that?" I asked. Punzie smiled and rolled her eyes.

"It's a compliment!" She laughed. "You're cute. You needed a compliment from my lips!" I blushed at the fact she called me cute. I mean, I know I'm pretty fantastic looking- but to hear it from your crush? That's pretty awesome sauce.

"Awesome sauce?" Rap asked. Crap, did I say that out loud? "Yes you did, Flynn, but that's okay since I like you too."

"Really?" I asked. Rap leaned in and pecked my lips.

"Really."