8.

After walking for close to an hour, Kelsi makes it to her apartment. She didn't feel like Rooter would want her riding with him after the little fight they had. She sighs and opens her door. "What a day."

Going inside, Kelsi flops face first on to her couch and finally relaxes. She closes her eyes hoping to get some sleep.

*DING DONG*

"You have to be fucking kidding me." She mutters. Begrudgingly, she stands up and answers the door. There stands Phoenix with a small smile on her face. "You up for a few beers?" 

Kelsi sighs. "It's not like I'm going to sleep anyway. Also after this day, it wouldn't hurt."

 Phoenix nods towards her car. It's an older-looking Bronco Jeep without a top. The color is army green which compliments the tan seats. "Some other people from our class are going to Hard Deck. Let's beat the rush."

Kelsi nods, "Give me a second I'm gonna go change. You can come in."

Phoenix nods and enters the small apartment.

Kelsi runs to her room and changes into a black skater skirt, a white tank top, and her white converse. She quickly does a little makeup and styles her hair. Content with her looks she walks back over to Phoenix.

Phoenix whistles, "Damn girl. you clean up well"

She rolls her eyes, "Shut up, now let's go!"

Phoenix laughs and goes out to her car with Kelsi.

"Alright, you have control over the radio Smokin what will you choose?"

"Hey Phoenix, call me Kelsi when we're hanging out."

"Kelsi huh? It fits you. If we're telling names then you should know my name is Natasha, but please call me Nat."

"Thanks, Nat," She nudges Nat smiling. "Also let's go 80s music."

Phoenix nods and changes the radio station. Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins starts blaring over the speakers and the girl's smile and sing along loudly as they drive to the bar.

"This song explains our job perfectly!" Yells Kelsi over the music.

"They should make a movie about it or something! I'd pay to see that!"

Kelsi giggles. "Who in their right mind would watch a movie about the air force?"

Nat smiles and shrugs.

The song finishes as they pull up to the bar. Both girls are smiling and laughing as they walk into the bar.

Penny looks over and smiles. "Well, you two sure look happy. Was Top Gun good today?"

"Oh it was far from good, but tomorrow will be better," Phoenix answered.

Penny nods and grabs them beers. "Well, I know a few people you know are already here." She points over at a dart board where Coyote, Hangman, Fanboy, Payback, and Bob are all deep in conversation.

Kelsi takes one of the beers and nods. "Thanks, Penny!" She and Phoenix both walk over to the boys and stand there silently.

"I'm telling you, man! Hogwarts is real!" exclaims Fanboy.

"How in the fuck am I able to believe the man who can't even tie his shoes? I see the Velcro on them!" Coyote answers.

"Yeah, also it's physically impossible to shoot spells out of a stick." Bob chimes in.

Hangman joins the conversation smirking, "I think the girl from last night loved the spells my stick casted." He looks at Kelsi and winks. She flips him off while some of the guys roll their eyes.