18.

The Hard Deck was a safe place for Kelsi. It was also closer to the base and served alcohol. It's a win-win situation.

Entering the bar, Kelsi makes a beeline to the person she is looking for and sits in front of her.

"Hey, Kelsi! How was Top Gun today?"

Kelsi simply drops her head onto the bar and groans.

"Oh hon, what's wrong?" Penny reaches her and softly runs her fingers through her hair.

"Stufpind hammin baegwd imro nu lowe wife."

Penny smiles softly at the very muffled sentence, "Can you say that again, hon?"

Kelsi looks up and makes eye contact with the older woman, "Stupid Hangman barged into my love life."

"Ah, do you want to tell me what happened?"

Kelsi brings both her hands through her hair and sighs.

"I won't give you the long story. I'll just say that I'm out of commission, I took a shower and Hangman was a little creep who told me Rooster loves me."

Penny looks at her knowingly, "I see, well, do you?"

"Do I what?"

"Love Rooster."

"I-" She sighs and looks down, "I love him as a friend."

"Mhm. That doesn't sound like you wanted to say that huh? Besides, whose hoodie is that?"

Kelsi rolls her eyes and looks back up, "If I lost him as a friend... also... well it's Roosters." She groans and puts her face into her hands.

"AhHa! You, my dear, are in denial."

"No, I'm not!"

Penny looks at the younger with a soft expression. She places her hand back on Kelis's head. "You will learn in time, my dear." Penny then leaves to tend to the now busy bar. 

Kelsi stays in her spot and sighs, "Thanks for being vague." 

Standing up, Kelsi goes over to the dart board and picks four darts up. She backs up a few feet and throws the first one. It hits the bottom of the board. She sighs and throws the second and third ones, both missing the center.

"I woulda thought you'd follow what I taught you Smokin." Comes the slightly cocky voice of Rooster.

Kelsi shrugs fixin her hold on the dart and throws it again. The dart hits one off from center. Kelsi sighs and walks forward to the dart board.

"See? I'm telling ya, my tricks work magic.."

No answer.

"Hey, you ok?" Rooster steps forward and takes her hand softly. Kelsi rips her hand out of his grip and walks to the pool table, joining the others.

"Kelsi... what's up with you?"

She sits next to Bob and watches the pool game happening.

"Hellooo earth to Smokin." Rooster furrows his eyebrows.

This catches everyone's attention. Phoenix and Hangman share a glance.

Kelsi stares ahead, biting the inside of her cheek.

"Kelsi. Hey. What's going on with you?"

She quickly stands up, knocking the chair she was in over. "I'm going home." She mutters and quickly heads for the door. Unknowingly forgetting her phone on the pool table.

Rooster watches her leave.

"What was that about?" He turns and looks at everyone. Once he does he sees the facial expression on Hangman's face.