4

"Do you celebrate Mother's Day, Melody? I can't believe Amy's family doesn't. That's crazy." Hartley asks me.

"Mother's Day?" I asked her confused. Her mouth drops to the ground and Amy laughs at Hartleys face. "You don't celebrate Mother's Day either? I feel bad for your mothers" she says with a very sad face.

"I always celebrate my mother everyday. I love her." I say to Hartley, both Hartley and Amy have two very different reactions. Hartley Awws, while Amy gags.

"Mother's Day is a day to celebrate all mothers officially. Hartley says, and I smile. "Sounds lovely. I say to her in response.

"What's not lovely is this dang freshman taking up all my time. He's just looking at his locker like it's valuable or something." She says frustrated.

"That's Milo, he's really smart. He always helps me with my math homework. Let me see if I can tell him to move." I say to her. Amy moves out of my way and points the way.

"Hey milo!" I say to him smiling. "Hey Mel, black or blue ink?" He asks me. "Why don't you do both, go crazy. But look my friend here doesn't want to be late for class, so can you please move over maybe?" I ask him politely.

"Yeah sure, I'm done anyways!" He says to me nicely. "Thanks Milo! I'll see you in 3rd period!" I say to him and salute him as he walks past.

"All yours malady." I say to Amy. "Thanks I guess." She says to me. I start to tear up a bit. "That's the first time you said thank you." I say to her.

"I know... I'm over it." She says as she took a brief second to think about what she did. Hartley was proud as well of Amy's nice gesture.

"Hey guys! What did I miss?" Jake asks us coming out of Nowhere.

"Ugh I'm out." Amy says while dragging Hartley with her.

"Hey, Jake! How was your morning?" I asked him. He smiles at me "Hey Melody, it's going alright. I have to think of a perfect Mother's Day gift for my mom. Otherwise she will kick my butt." He says very seriously. "Why would she kick your butt?" I ask him curiously.

"Uh, you ask too many questions, anyways catch you later!" He says to me. "Wait! Maybe I can help!" I say to him. "Uh, yeah sure! My dad might tag along if that's okay. Just meet us at the cowboy shop around 7." He says to me as he walks away.

"I'll be there!" I yell back to him. Smiling to myself, but then I stop smiling as I realize I'm gonna have to meet his dad.

/////

I had time to hang out with the girls before my 'hang out' with Jake and his dad. We were going to get Amy's mom a nice gift. Apparently Amy's family was a huge villain merchandise collector. Who would of thought!

We opened the door of the address, and we all saw Milo?

"Milo?" we all said in unison. He turned around and looked at us. "Girls?" He said equally as shocked. "I didn't know, you sold superhero parts and villains. That's so cool!" I say to him and Hartley nods her head in excitement. "Anyways..." Amy says cutting our conversation. She asks for a mask but apparently Milo had just sold it, but they had Surges Belt instead. Which Amy was equally as interested in.

It turned out to be 12 thousand dollars which was very crazy. But I couldn't help but notice that Milo had my dads old cloak he lost when I was just a kid. Before my brother was even born. He loved that cloak. "Where did you get this cloak? It belonged to electric. I bet he loved that cloak." I ask Milo.

He shrugs. "Anonymous people give it to me. And by anonymous I mean the hero league. They give things to us as a part of my parents doing their taxes.

"Legend has it that the cloak only lets you wear it if it thinks your worthy of it. She never lets me touch her." He says and I shake my head.

The cloak then suddenly moves from the stand to my shoulders. He remembers me... I think to myself. I smile and pet it "Its a he." I say to him. Hartley, Amy, and Milo all look at me in shock. "Um-Uh, is what I'm assuming. It's obvious a he. Can I keep it?" I ask Milo. His mouth stays opened but he nods his head.

"Oh yes, who am I to charge you for it. It's obvious chosen you." He says to me and Amy looks very pissed. "You charge me for 12 thousand and Melody gets hers for free? Now that's just not fair." She says to him. "Sorry lady, the cloak had spoken, that cloak hasn't moved in months." He says to her.

She then pulls a fast one and grabs the belt, we all quickly run out. She didn't even tell us she was going to steal it. But whatever.

I looked at my phone and realized that it was almost time for my hand out with Jake.

"I gotta go girls bye!" I say to them and quickly run off.

I don't have teleportation, but the cloak does. He knew I was in a hurry so he teleported me into the girls restroom. Thank goodness nobody was in there.

/////

"Hey Jake." I say to him and smile. "Hey Melody, glad you made it. You're just in time to watch my dad fall off the bull." He says to me and Celia laughs with Jake while his dad falls off.

I don't laugh out of respect but in my head I was laughing my head off. Who knew someone could fall off a bull so soon.

"So when we're you going to introduce me to your girlfriend?" his dad asks and even Celia looks over at us. "She's not my girlfriend!" He says panicked.

Ouch..

////

"Hey dad! I found your cloak you lost when I was a kid!" I say to him, his cloak then goes to his back automatically. "Thank you so much Angel! Where did you find it?" He asks me confused but grateful.

"I just found it." I say to him.