21

( back to reality / episode 8 / my own version of it )

( ALSO JUST A HEADS UP POV CHANGES A LOT HERE LOL )

I start pacing back and forth as im lost in my train of thought. This feeling has been eating me ALIVE all week.

I want to tell Jake that I'm a superhero so badly, but I know that I could never blow our cover.

But what if I did tell him...

//////

It was a lovely Saturday afternoon, Jake and I have been spending a lot of time together recently. In fact if I didn't know any better I would say Jakes dad is even seeming to be jealous.

I knocked on the front door of the Madden families house and of course Jakes dad opens it. "Oh would you look at that it's Melody! Again..." after he said that he slams the door in my face. I hear movements and the door opens again but this time it's Jake who opens the door with a smile. Jake moves over and motions me to go in and I glare at his dad and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Nice to see you too Mr. Madden..." I say to him and he takes a seat in his couch. "Don't you want to be with your family Melody? Do you even have a family?" He asks kind of rudely.

"Dad, stop. Of course Melody has a family... you do have a family right?" He asks me concerned, I playfully roll my eyes. "Of course I do, they're just.... Always busy.." I say coming up with an excuse while flash backs of this whole week went through my head.

Truth is, my family have been busy lately, they have been training Bradley to be a superhero in training. Which means he could graduate from being in a group to a duo or solo superhero.

I look at Jake and take his hand, "Are you ready to see the new superhero movie?" I ask Jake happily, jumping up and down. Before Jake could reply his dad says, "but I thought we were going to have some father son time today." He asks and he looks at his dad then looks at me.

"We could hang out later today dad." He says and his dad nods his head but gives me the mean glare. I just shrug it off and drag Jake out the house after his dad leaves to go upstairs.

"I think your dads jealous you know." I say to him as we walk to the movies that isn't that far away. "He always gets like this when someone is busy and he wants to hang out." He says as he looks at me. I look at him, and I stop him. "Or, it could be because you're his teenage son and he could miss you. But thats just a guess." I say to him and put up my hands as I started to walk quickly.

He catches up to me within a few seconds and sighs, "I guess you're right."

We continued walking for a block more until a cop car stops next to us, "hey you two, where you off to?" The police officer Robert asks us, and we look over to him.

"We're just off to watch the new superhero movie." I say to him, and Celia pops out of no where. "Let's double date! I wanted to see that movie too. Get in kids." She says to us and opens the car door. "Actually Celia we were -." Jake gives up trying to get out of this and we end up watching the movie with them.

It was so awkward the whole time, this wasn't a date, Jake and I are just friends. But it didn't help the fact that Celia and Robert were sucking each-others faces off right next to us.

Jake and I decided to hang out later in the evening, because after watching that superhero movie or at least trying to watch the superhero movie, I realized that I should tell Jake.

I mean it's in ever superhero movie, at least one person must know.

So that is what I plan to do later today, it's now or never.