14

Continued from chapter 13

( own episode )

I can't believe that Jake got me in trouble... I didn't even do anything wrong! If he hadn't jumped the guy I was kissing I wouldn't be sitting here with the two worst people. Jake and Lily right now.

We're all spaced out in the classroom because just a few days ago, Jake and Lily had broken up. It literally happened right in front of me. Jake seemed very pissed off. But I'm even more pissed off at myself.

I could have manipulated the principal into taking me off the hook, but instead, here I am. Sitting... with the guy who broke my heart and the girl who took him from me. I hate myself even more for still loving him.

Whenever he's near I still feel those same butterflies. They never went away, but thank goodness we were the only ones in detention. I knew Amy and Hartley had my back.

I told them I got detention and Amy somehow convinced Hartley to get detention also. Of course, Hartley didn't agree at first, but finally, she caved in.

Amy and Hartley sent death glares to the used-to-be couple and this caused Jake to shift uncomfortably. The teacher ignored us and kept looking at their computer. As long as we were silent then they didn't seem to care.

I don't mean to sound like the main character or anything, but I could honestly feel everyone giving me a mix of looks. Lily gave me glares, while Jake gave me sorrow and guilt. And Hartley and Amy just gave me sympathy. 

"I'm so sorry about all this, it's all my fault," Jake whispers at me. He then quickly looks at the teacher who stopped typing to look over at us. She glanced at all of us and then kept typing. Jake looks back at me and I just shake my head. "Uh, yeah it is your fault. If you didn't attack that guy none of this would have happened. Do you see what you made Hartley do because of you?" I whisper shout to him which causes the teacher to push her chair out and huff at us.

"Never in my 10 years of teaching, have I EVER had this much talking in detention. NOW QUIET or else I will get the principal and have each and every one of you expelled. Do I make myself clear?" She asks us very sternly. We all stay quiet, "I SAID DO. I. MAKE. MY. SELF. CLEAR." She says yelling at us. "YES MA'AM." we all say in unison even Lily said it.

Lily turns her head to look at me and she rolls her eyes and sticks her tongue out at me, and I do the same childish thing back to her. It really brought me back to elementary school. 

I felt like I was too harsh to Jake because before the teacher interrupted us he looked extremely hurt. I decided to write a note to him saying.

Jake, look. I'm so sorry for getting upset with you. You just really hurt me, and I don't know if I can ever forgive you. But I know my heart has betrayed me and forgave you for me. I hate myself for loving you. I don't like seeing you so hurt ever, even if you deserve it.

After I wrote the note, I got up and manipulated the teacher to not hear me getting up. I placed the note on the hood of Jake's sweatshirt. He felt it immediately he turned his head to look at me surprised. I put my finger to my lips and sat back down. Nobody noticed me get up either because I made them see everyone just sitting and being silent. 

I went to sit back in my seat, and he opened the note almost immediately. After a minute or so he turns around to look at me. He had a mixture of guilt and happiness. I sheepishly smile at him. Before he could write anything back the teacher looks up and turns off her computer.

"Alright, times up! Congratulations you've all completed your first detention. Amy, I'll see you again tomorrow." She says to us and Amy laughs, "This is the only time you'll see me, Mrs. Reese." Amy says to the teacher and pats her on the shoulder. Mrs. Reese glares at her and mumbles "I don't get paid enough." Then she just rolls her eyes and shuts the door behind us once we all leave.

"Hey, Melody wait up!" I hear Jake say to me, I slowly turn around. "What do you want Jake?" I asked him and he awkwardly stands in front of me. "Look I know that I messed up big time, but is there any chance in the world I could get another shot with you?" He asks me and I scoff at him and shake my head. "Jake, you're not going to get me that easily. I'm not like Lily, I'm not going to just throw myself at you..." I say to him and turn around, before I could start walking away he pulls me to face him again. "So what I'm hearing is, in the future I'll get another chance." He says while looking into my eyes and grinning.

I look at him for a long second. I couldn't help but feel captured in his eyes. "Jake you can't keep doing this to me, I can't do this. You've hurt me so badly, you left me. I spent every night crying over you. How do I know you won't do this again? Goodbye Jake, take what I said as you please. Just at this moment, please let me be. For me..." I say to him and force myself out of his grasp. I turn around and start walking home.