25

( Episode 9 my own interpretation of it )

Warning: swearing

Im so worried about Jake lately, he's been blowing me off a lot. As well as leaving earlier during training for my brother.

I wonder if he's getting tired of me, but lately... something has been telling me to check his phone. But I can trust Jake, right? He wouldn't lie to me.

I was Interrupted in thought by my phone buzzing.

It was from Amy,

Amy: Melody, you and I both know that Jake has been acting strange lately, and I wanna go find out what's going on. Are you down to come with?

Me: hell yeah I'm down. I'll be at ur place in 5.

Amy: alright

I quickly go change and head to the Maddens house. Right as I opened my door, I saw Jake head to his car.

"Hey! Jake!" I say to him and wave at him as I run across the street to meet him.

He seemed startled at first and holds his chest. "Oh, hey beautiful." Is all he says to me as he holds his car door open.

"Where are you going?" I asked him curiously. "Oh, just um... going to get my gains you know. Training and all." He says unconvincingly. I look at him even more confused.

"But, my parents don't train you today.." I say to him very skeptical. "Oh, yeah. The reason why I'm so good during training is because I train by myself." He says and this one made more sense to me.

"Oh! Good for you then Jay!" I say back to him and kiss his cheek. "Have fun! Talk to me when you're done!" I say to him, surprised he didn't invite me to go with but I let it go. I watched him drive off and Amy soon came outside.

"Come on, we're going to follow him." Amy says as she turns on her car and unlocks it for me to go inside as well. "He's just going to the gym." I say to her and she scoffs. "Well, he didn't tell me that." She says and motions me to get in.

I get in her car and still protest against following him. It made sense why he lied to her, I mean. She doesn't even know he has powers!

"Amy, maybe we are overreacting. I'm sure there is a valid excuse why he's acting this way." I say to her trying to reassure her. She shakes her head at me.

"Look, I didn't have to tell you that I was going. I decided to bring you along so we can both find out what's wrong with Jake. Clearly I'm the one who knows him more though. He's hiding something. And you can either come with me or get out the car and don't come with me." She says looking at me dead serious.

I sigh frustrated, and tell her. "Fine" she smiles at me and starts driving fast.

"Woah! Slow down, I don't even have my seatbelt yet." I say to her while trying to put it on. She chuckles, and I realize she doesn't even have one on.

"Are you trying to kill us?" I ask her in panic.

"Relax mels, how far can he be anyways..." she says and as soon as I put my seatbelt on I hold on for dear life as she drives.

///////

We finally reached the spot Jake supposedly was. "Does it look like a gym is here?" She asks me and I look around shyly. "Maybe it's around the corner.. are you sure we're in the right spot? Why would the gps bring us to a junk yard." I say to her and slowly losing hope in Jake.

Maybe he was cheating on me... I think to myself.

"That's his car over there." Amy says and I shakily sigh. "I'm sure he's not cheating on you Melody. I know my brother. He's head over heels in love with you. But something is definitely going on.." Amy says trying to reassure me by patting my back.