17

Foul language

( Made up chapter )

After what felt like an eternity of silence, I was finally able to move my whole body again. I had all my senses back. I quickly go over to Starling furious.

"You casted your slow time power didn't you." I say to her while giving her my mean glare. My glare was mostly for getting Jakes number.

It pains me not to be able tell her that Jake was off limits. Starling still didn't really know our identity yet. My family is pretty secretive. They always have been.

"Yeah.. sorry." She says and I shake my head at her. "I hate when you do that shit." I say to her but break a smile in the process.

We talked for a little longer then I got my cloak and was able to teleport back home.

///////

It hurts me so badly to have to pretend that my ex best friend has my ex boyfriends phone number. It just feels so wrong. I want to say something so badly, but I can't say anything without seeming suspicious.

It's now a school day and I have to see him today at school. As well as a upset Amy, she got completely ditched by her only friends yesterday. I felt bad for doing that to her. But I mean, duty calls.

I just hope that Jake never feels the need to call Starling or vise versa.

As soon as I walked outside my door, I saw Jake walking with Hartley and Amy. Which was odd, because normally he would walk alone.

But I won't think much of it, it's honestly fine! If he wants to walk with his sister and her friend then that's total fine. I don't know why I have to make it all weird or something. It's not like I'm jealous or anything. He's not mine! He can do whatever he wants!

Hartley spots me from across the street and saves me down. She looks both ways before running to me squealing.

"MELODY, you won't guess what happened yesterday!!! I saw SONG!" She says excitedly. I look at her with fake surprise and smiles and started jumping with her.

"Wow that's so cool! I wish I would of went." I say to her as we make 3 jumping circles together while holding each other's arms. "She was so nice! A lot shorter in person but it's okay!" She says and I laugh. I hope Hartley didn't make a connect to that.

Song and I are literally the same height...

Hartley noticed that Amy and Jake didn't stop their walking for us. Hartley turned on her turbo mode honestly because she grabbed me and started speed walking to catch up to them. I was too busy trying not to trip over my feet she was speed walking that fast.

Once we caught up to them I immediately started walking as slow as possible to catch my breath. "Don't.... Ever.... Do.... Th-... th-.... That.... Again." I say to her completely tired from that very speedful walking.

Amy, Hartley, and even Jake all laughed at me. We all walked to the school with the last few yards we had to walk after that speed walking.

The gang split up into two groups once we got to the main area. Jake and I walked together, not in unison but just in the same direction. Since our lockers weren't that far apart.

"So how was your weekend?" I asked him trying to make small talk. "It was really good actually. I got a girls number." He said, surprisingly he opened up about that. I bit my lip before asking for more details. "Oh! That's good, you're moving on that's good. I'm glad! Because same honestly! Does the girl go to our school?" I ask him and he looks at me surprised a little.

"You met someone else also? That's so good! And uh, no.. she doesn't go to this school. She's not even from this town. But you know towns! They're small.. haha" he says kind of awkwardly but hurt at the same time.

"Oh yeah, I met someone else, he's really cute honestly. He's got.. uh, oh look there he is!" I say to Jake trying to make him a little jealous. I pointed at a guy who looked tall at first with a red shirt on.

"Oh, you're talking to Trevor? I love that guy. Hey Trev! Come over here." Jake says as he motions Trevor to come over here. I start playing with my hair as a nervous tick as the guy comes over to enter our conversation.

"Hey... Trevor. How are things.." I say to him awkwardly. He just looks at me kind of concerned and confused. Jake looks at him then looks at me. He then realizes that I just lied to him and so he bursts out laughing.

Trevor awkwardly leaves to go to class, and I just stand there red like a tomato. "Did you seriously lie to me?" He asks and I folded my arms.

"Okay, maybe it wasn't him but. That's because, he's not from this town either." I say to him while thinking about Chaos. He's the only proper crush I've ever had. He was also the first guy I thought of that's not from this town.

He looks at me and just rolls his eyes. "Let's just get to class."

We walk together and sit next to each other.

"Wow, I've missed this. Talking before class and walking together." I say to Jake while looking over at him smiling. He returns the smile, and says "Mel, I still am crazy about you, but you're the one who pushed me away. I've always been here. Look, I know I messed up, BIG time but I still hold you dear to my heart. I'm always here."

He looks at me in my eyes and I break contact. Before I could say anything the teacher began to talk.

Class was now in session.