10

( own episode )

Foul language

"I CANT believe I'm meeting Jakes parents." I say to Hartley panicked. She gasped at me so happy. "OH MY GOSH FINALLY." She says to me so excited.

I giggle at her excitement and we both smile at each other. "What are we smiling about?" Jake asks us while putting his arm around my shoulder. I pull him into a side hug. "Your parents actually." Hartley says to Jake and he just laughs.

"Don't worry about them my love, they will love you. You've already met my dad remember? Everything will be fine. I'll be right by your side the whole time." He says to me trying to calm me down. I let go of our hug and smile up at him.

"As long as you're by my side I won't be that nervous." I say to him and he smiles even bigger. "That's what I like to hear." He replies.

/////

The school day went by so fast, it was already last period. I then would only have an hour to change and get ready to officially meet Jakes parents. He seemed more nervous then I did. In all honesty, especially after every school period. He would be stuttering each time I went up to talk to him.

The bell finally rang, and I sprinted out of my class. If I go to the restroom call my cloak then I'll have an hour and thirty minutes to get ready. I like those odds. I think to myself. I quickly head to the girl's restroom. I hide myself in the big stall, and right before I was going to call my cloak. I hear two familiar voices talking.

"Do you think Jake is going to expose our secret to Melody? Can we even trust her?" A voice which I pinned pointed to be Amy. I then assumed she was talking to Hartley, because everyone else is afraid of her in this school.

"I know we can trust her, but I'm also sure we can trust Jake not to expose anything. I don't think he would want to risk her knowing. Only reason why I was cool is because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt." Hartley replies to her friend.

Jake was hiding something from me? I think to myself, I feel a single tear fall from my eye, and quickly call my cloak once Amy and Hartley left.

Once my cloak finally arrived I teleported home. "Melody... what did we tell you about using your powers during school." My dad asks me very upset. How did he know I think to myself. "Uhhh I didn't!" I say to him lying and biting the inside of my cheek.

"I have you know that I put a tracker on that cloak now. And would you look at that... it says it was used recently from Valley View High School to home. Huh, weird right?" He asks me and I sheepishly smile.

"Dad I'm meeting Jakes parents for the first time today okay! I was to look presentable okay." I say to him and he pulls me into a hug. "Aww, My baby girl is growing up now. Her second boyfriend." He says to me while ruffling my hair. I push him away and playfully roll my eyes.

"Ugh, do we even have to bring up that guy. He did unspeakable things. You know that." I say to him and look away very sad. "Aw, sweet pea I'm sorry. He just seemed like a good guy at first." He says back to me with the same pain in his eyes as me.

"When do we get to meet the lucky guy?" He then adds. My face slowly lights up. "I'm not sure, whenever you want I guess. But I prefer you guys to never meet him. I just know you'll all embarrass me." I say back to my dad.

He chuckles, "go get ready." With that said, I quickly went up the stairs and shut my door behind me.

In reality, I had no idea what I was going to wear.

/////

After an hour, I had 20 minutes left to spare, thanks to my cloak. My cloak is now always just hanging on a hanger ready to use whenever.