18

( own episode )

"Wow Amy, you were right... making fun of women who spend 300 dollars on their hair is fun." I say to her while the both of us laugh.

"See, I told you. I'm always right." Amy says while smirking as we scare away the last lady that was in the salon.

"Okay, that's it. You've scared away too many of our costumers. If you're not going to get your hair done, then you must leave ladies. Let's go, keep it moving." The owner of the salon says to us.

Amy looks at Hartley and pats her back. "Yeah Hartley, you heard the lady. Go." She says and Hartley opens her mouth very offended. Before she could defend herself the owner crossed her arms and said "all of you. Leave now, before I call the cops."

With that being said, we all quickly got up and got out of the salon.

As soon as we got outside we all burst out laughing and started walking towards Amy's house.

/////

"So what you guys gettin me for my birthday? If it's not good then I'm going to have no problem rearranging your faces." Amy says smiling.

Hartley and I look at each other and and gulp. "It's a surprise!" I say to her and she narrows her eyes at me and crosses her arms.

"Okay, but if it's not good then I will hurt you." She says in reply. "Wow, you really are like your mom." I say to her. She smiles, she took it as a compliment.

"Okay, guys random thought, but I really love Starlings time stop power. It's so cool." Hartley says but Amy looks at her and glares. "But of course havocs sonic blasts are the best ever." She adds and Amy half smiles at her.

We suddenly then hear a knock on Amy's door, it opens seconds later. Then enters in Jake, he immediately locked eyes with me then seconds afterwards with everyone else in the room.

He smiled at me and then scratched the back of his neck when he looked at Amy. "I need to talk to Melody for a few." He says as he then looks back at me.

Amy rolls her eyes and sighs, "whatever." She says. I then get up from Amy's bed, and I walk over to the door and follow Jake out.

We're now in the hallway, and he closed the door so Amy and Hartley wouldn't be able to hear us as much.

I smile at him and cross my arms while leaning on the wall. "Did you need something?" I ask him, and he just smiles at me. "Sorry, I just.. missed you." He says and that causes me to look away from him and blush.

"Jake, I literally saw you earlier today." I say to him and laugh. He chuckles, "yeah but, normally we talk a little before Amy takes you from me." He replies.

"Fair enough." I say giggling. That's when he grabs my hand and holds it. I look away from him again, and I felt so much heat on my face. "What's going on w-with tha-t gir-l?" I ask him remember that he got Starlings number.

"What girl?" He asks me while making me look at him in the eyes again.

Jake might of made my face look at him, but my eyes avoided his at all costs. "That girl's number? From the other day?" I asked him and he steps back for a second.

"Oh yeah, right. I honestly forgot about that for a second." He says and I feel kinda bad from that.

If he can forget about that girl so easily, I wonder if that's how he is when he's with other girls and can't even remember me.

I guess he could tell that I was upset by that, and that's when I finally make eye contact again with him. "Don't worry, Mel." He says to me as he steps closer to me and touches my cheek.

I start to breath heavy as he looks at my lips. I could just tell something was going to go wrong in this situation. For one we are literally in the hallway, not even in his room or living room. Anyone could come up right now and see this.

Right as he leans in to kiss me, I hear Colby's voice followed by footsteps getting closer and closer.

Out of panic I push Jake away from me, and quickly wait for Colby to come up stairs so I could go back down.

Jake follows after me and once we reached the living room he grabs my hand and spins me around to face him.

"I'm so sorry Melody, I don't know why I did that. I should of asked for permission. I didn't mean to over step our friendship boundary." He says and I shyly smile.

"It's okay, Colby just scared me. I also think he knows what happened. Because he gave us a weird look." I say giggling causing him to laugh as well.

We both just smile at each other, and stare at each other for a few seconds before Jakes parents went into living room.

They suddenly came out from the kitchen and look at us. "Oh im sorry, did we interrupt something?" Jakes mom asks and he nervously laughs. "Kind of yeah." He says and they both laugh. "Too bad, the news is on." His dad says as they both take a seat on the couch.

"Oh that's nice! To see what good the superhero's are doing in the world?" I ask happily, because that's the reason why my parents watch it.

After I said that his mom, dad and even Jake all stared at me for a second. "Sure." Was all they said.

That was kinda weird...