16

( flash back ) back in centrapolis
Melody is 15 and Starling is 16

———

"Song, Starling you're up in 5. Now I know you girls are partners but only one can be the face of our new sneakers!" The director says to us both.

"Between me and you Starling, you'll be the face. Song seems to be a bit too young to catch the crowd right now." I over hear the director say. This made my blood boil.

"You know I can hear you right? Do you even know how my powers work? I'm out of here. Enjoy your new shoe." I say to the director and starling. I wipe a tear from my eye and walk out with my family waiting with balloons and a banner saying congratulations!

I look at them sadly and they all immediately put everything away. My mom puts me into a hug and so does my dad and my brother joins in last. "I'm so sorry munchkin." My dad says to me. We finally let go of the hug and I'm straight up ugly crying.

"They told starling that she would be the face because she's 16 and I'm only 15. She's only a year older than me why is the world like this." I say to my parents and my brother speaks up. "How do you think I feel? I'm in the awkward phase of my powers. Everyone tells me to be more like song and nobody even know who soar is. I live in your shadow. You just have to kind of deal with it until the people respect you enough. Plus mom and dad always tells us to do it for the people not the fame." He says speaking major facts.

"Wow, only 12 years old and you're already so smart." I say to my brother and ruffle his hair. He swatted my hand away and laughs. "It's okay Mel, you'll be okay. I promise." He says to me and I smile at him sadly still.

/////

My first boyfriend I had was when I was 14, he had just turned 15 and was really mean to me I'd say. He never did anything bad to me, but I knew if I stayed with him he would most definitely start hitting me. He came close to hitting me a few times during the few months I was dating him.

I knew something was missing once we started dating anyways, but I ignored the emptiness I felt while I was with him.

It's because during this time I had also been introduced to a villain family. Starling had been facing them for a few years. Starling invited me to join her in fighting them when I turn 14.

Starling was also 15 during the time, and the villain kids seemed to be starlings age as well if not 15 then no more than 16 years old. That's when I met him.

Chaos, it pained me to know that we could never be. I always was dating my ex at the time as well. But I honestly couldn't help but to feel complete when I saw him.

I remember the first time we looked at eachother in the eyes.

Havoc and Starling were fighting and that left Chaos and I to fight eachother as well.

I got into his head and made him see things that weren't there. "Woah, so this is your power. Lucky for me, my family trained me on someone like you." He said and was able to kick me out of his head and he pushed me back so I was on the floor. As I was falling I was able to trip him also and he landed almost on top of me.

We both are now staring into eachothers eyes and I lose my breath for a quick moment. I gulped and he quickly got up and yelled at me. "AND stay down!" He says, he then quickly runs off with Havoc and Starling looks at me with complete disgust. "Whatever you're thinking right now Song, don't even think about it." She says to me and shakes her head acting like she's my big sister or something.

"W-what do you mean!" I asked her slightly confused because I was still trying to process what just happened. "What ever that moment was between you and Chaos. It can't happen! He's a villain Song." She says and I scoff, "what are you talking about? Nothing happened ew, I have a boyfriend remember?" I say to her and she gives me that look like "yeah okay."