Commitment

"Where to M'lady?" Austin asks as he backs out of the parking spot. Kitty rolls her eyes, he thinks he is being cute. He is not. "Luke's house, I will give you directions as you go," she answers. Luke suddenly pops up from the back seat. "No! Don't take me home. It's lonely without my Julie at home. Oh no!" Luke cries then pats himself down, "where is Julie? We left her in the ally! Austin stop!" he shouts. Austin slams on the brakes causing all three of them to jerk forward in their seats. "What the fuck, man?" Austin asks turning to face Luke.  Luke pouts like a child being scolded by their parent.

"Calm your tits, Austin. He is talking about his wife," Kitty says holding up Luke's phone. Luke's eyes light up and he grabs the phone and hugs it, "my darling," he says. Austin scrunches his nose, "he is married to his phone?" he asks. Both Kitty and Luke look at him with confused faces. "He is a fucking idiot," Julie's voice comes through the phone causing Austin to jump a little. "His wife is on the phone. Just...take us to my apartment." Kitty gives him directions and soon enough they arrive outside her apartment.

At first, she insists that Austin does not need to even get out of the car. She insists that she can handle Luke on her own, she can carry him to her apartment herself. So Austin sits in his driver's seat and stares ahead while he chews his bottom lip to stop himself from laughing as he listens to Kitty huffing and puffing while she tries to lift Luke's dead weight. She is trying so hard that she is making the whole vehicle sway. After a good ten minutes of getting fucking nowhere Kitty is ready to admit defeat. She walks over to Austin's window. He pretends not to notice her as he studies a flickering street light some distance away.

Kitty can see the hint of a grin pulling at his lips. The smug bastard. Kitty contemplates leaving Luke in the back seat to sleep off his drunk mini coma but he will probably die of heart failure when he wakes up alone and sees Austin. She knocks on his window. Austin pretends to get a fright with gesticulations that are over the top. Kitty folds her arms and rolls her eyes at him. He opens the window and rests his chin on his hand, "can I help you, miss?" he asks in a polite voice. "Nobody likes a smart ass, Austin," she snips. "Well thank you for the free advice. It's much appreciated. Now if you will excuse me I would like to get back to watching my streetlight," he says then winds his window back up slowly as he keeps eye contact with her. Asshole. Kitty knocks on his window again. He winds it down and again rests his chin in his hand, grinning.

"Yes?"

"Help me with Luke."

"Pardon me?"

"Austin, fuck! Ok...Austin will you please help me get Luke up to my apartment. I can not do it on my own...I need your help...please."

"Kitty Post, all you had to do was ask. I would love to help you," he says. He pulls the door handle and the door starts to open but then is slammed shut. When he looks up Kitty is leaning on the door and scowling at him. "Careful, Austin. I may not have any fire starter here but I do have a big ass knife in my pretty little clutch and I know how to slash a tyre or two," she says then steps away from the door. Austin steps out of the car with yet another grin on his stupid face. He looks like a kid on Christmas morning right now. He is doing Kittys head in.

He scoops Luke up and follows Kitty up to her apartment then carries him over to the couch Kitty points to while she gets him a pillow and blankets. "Good night mystery military woman," she says into his phone. There is no reply but she can hear Julie breathing, she must have fallen asleep. She ends the call and puts his phone on charge. She looks over to see Austin looking around her apartment with a confused look on his face.

"What?"

"Is this your apartment? You live here alone?"

"Yes."