Chapter 24

Alpha Blood's POV

Now that it had been publicly announced that Alex would be joining the pack it couldn't be retracted. This was perfect. The ceremony for welcoming Alex to the pack is also where Councilman Ular will invite Tab to attend the Alpha Academy, it's just a formality, but it served my intentions perfectly. After Tab accepts the offer I will insist that Alex also be enrolled so that she can gain even more fighting and defense techniques. He will be in the spotlight and will have to agree. The pack went wild when they heard Alex would be joining. Even Councilman Ular heard it. If he denies her entry into the Academy the only justification he could possibly make is the fact that she is a female. There has never been a female admitted into the Academy simply because no female has shown an interest in it.

The Academy was originally opened to teach the children of Alphas how to be leaders, but with most of the first born children being sons it was forgotten that daughters were welcome as well. Or rather there was no rule prohibiting them entry. Most girls who wanted to become Alphas ended up being mated to one and taking the title of Luna, and they would learn the role from their parents. There are few females in our world who are honored with the title Warrior (a more respected title than fighter), and even fewer who carry an Alpha Female title and run a pack alone. And while it is not frowned upon to have a Female Warrior, it does raise a few questions like, "Is the female really strong enough to carry such a burden?" Or "Why aren't there more able bodied men with the Warrior title in a pack with a female warrior?" Honestly in a few more weeks, at the rate Alex is going, I wouldn't bat an eye at offering her the Warrior title. I've only got a handful, which includes Kole, and Alex is a motivated young woman with something to fight for.

Councilman Ular wouldn't dare look that foolish in front of the pack trained to protect him, and he wouldn't embarrass himself by passing that kind of jugement, simply because she is female. He would have to face a pack of angry wolves who know she is one of the best fighters we have. And if the request to include Alex in the Academy is public, Ular can't say no.

I had asked Tab to join me for a brief moment before the membership ceremony began to clue him in on my plan to force Councilman Ular into a corner so he wasn't taken by surprise, but also so that he could provide a supportive role in getting Ular to understand she was worth the effort. The knock on the door brought me back.

"Come in." Tab walked in, closing the door behind him and taking a seat in front of my desk. "Do you think Alex could handle the Alpha Academy?" I wanted his honest opinion. He would be Alpha one day and he needed to be able to deduce the skill set and mind set of different members of his pack.

"I think she could benefit from it. The constant contact with strangers might pose a problem at the start, but once she gains confidence and a few friends I think she could thrive. It would be nice to see her break out of her shell a little, and that's something I think she needs to do outside of her comfort zone." I nodded along with Tab, as his reasoning was solid and his expectations were reasonable.

"Good. Then we'll bring it up at the ceremony tonight. Councilman Ular can't say no to the both of us if we make it a public request." I let him know what I wanted to do and how I hoped things would go. Of course these sort of things don't always go as planned.

~

So far the night was going well. The pack had done a wonderful job decorating the yard and the fire pits were ablaze, some just for sharing stories and others were roasting different cuts of meat. Councilman Ular had commented on how happy everyone was, his apparent stamp of approval on how I was running things. Everything he said and saw tonight would just make my request all that more difficult to decline. It was going better than expected.