Chapter 3

Amber's POV

I knew I was still alive, which surprised me considering I was on another pack's territory. I knew how my old pack handled rogues, and yet I wasn't dead, and from the warmth I felt around me and the soft padding under my back, I was not in a cell. I did however feel something lightly pinching my right index finger and my left arm was numb from the elbow down. I tried to open my eyes, only to realize I couldn't. I wasn't able to move anything, but I could hear people moving around me. I heard someone moving to my left, then felt a sharp pinch in my left elbow. The numbness in my left arm increased as my hand became cold.

"How much blood are you taking, doc?" a man's voice traveled to me from far away.

"Not much, just enough to run some tests, and possibly enter it into a database to see if we can find where she comes from." The doctor's voice was a lot louder than the first man's, probably had to do with the fact that he was closer, but the first man's voice sounded hushed.

"How long until she wakes up?" the first man asked.

"There's no telling really, she could wake up in a few minutes or a few hours." The doctor said, I felt the doctor retract the needle from my elbow and the feeling slowly started to come back to my hand. "You should really get some rest, Myles. You don't look like you're at 100%"

"I want to be here when she wakes up, be able to explain things to her, inform the alpha as soon as something happens." He ended with a yawn which caused the doctor to chuckle.

"Get some rest and have the twins look after her, doctor's orders."

"You want me to leave her with the twins? Have you spent time with them when they are in a small room together for an extended amount of time? They go at each other's throats! She'll be dead before she opens her eyes." Myles said, with a hint of humor in his voice, as if this was common knowledge.

"I'm sure they can handle watching a sleeping girl until she opens her eyes, and with two of them, one can go get the Alpha while the other stays with her." The doctor said,

"It's a bad idea doc, but it's your call." Myles said.

"I'll go find the twins and tell them what's going on." The doctor said as he walked away from the side of the bed. I heard the door open and close then a deep exhale of a tired man sitting at the foot of the bed.

"I sure do hope the twins don't destroy everything in here. Those two can't go thirty minutes without getting into a fight." Myles said under his breath.

"I'm hurt that you feel that way about us." a male voice said loudly from the door.

"But you know it's true." Another voice said. The second voice was deeper and a bit scratchy compared to the first new voice.

"That didn't take very long." Myles commented.

"We were already on our way here to check on her." I heard them shuffle around me and eventually their footsteps stopped on either side of the bed.

"So how's she doing?" The deeper voice one asked.

"Any change?" the first one asked.

"No, doc just took some blood and is running some tests. He said he didn't know when she would wake up, but Alpha wants to know when she does so he can ask her some questions." Myles informed them.

"Okay... man, you look like the living dead." The first voice said.

"Go. Get some rest, Myles." The other said followed by what sounded like a pat on the back.