chapter 1- rafe

tw: drug abuse

kaylins pov:

it had been a month since rafe and i broke up. he didn't stop texting me and calling me, but eventually i blocked him. he even showed up at the chateau a few times, but john b kicked him out before he could talk to me.

i loved rafe, but we couldn't be together. i was turning into a different person when i was with him. i was becoming cold and numb.

i lost all my friends over him, but got them back when we broke up. siding with rafe when he murdered someone wasn't one of my best choices.

when john b's name was cleared last summer, i knew they would come for rafe. i had to chose between my boyfriend, or my best friends. i clearly made the wrong choice.

rafe got arrested and it broke me. i had no one left. i was visiting rafe in jail when they released him. i was confused but shortly after we learned ward took the fall. rafe spiraled after that, and took me with him.

our relationship only went downhill from there. we started doing coke more and more, until we were hardly ever sober. we both needed help but refused to get it. rose, wheezie, sarah, and even the pouges, tried to convince us to get help, but we refused.

we had both done about 4 lines the night of our worst fight.

mini flashback

"you can't just fucking leave me kaylin!" rafe screamed as kaylin sobbed. rafe had locked her in the wine room, and she was throwing bottles against the door. "i love you and i'm not gonna let you leave me" rafe continued screaming as kaylin fell to the ground crying.

"you fucking cheated on me rafe! with my best friend" kaylin shouted in between cries.

"you know it meant nothing, i don't love her, i love you kaylin" he screamed.

"if you loved me you wouldn't have hooked up with vanessa." kaylin said as rafe went quiet.

rafe stormed away and left her locked in there the whole night.

the next morning:
rafe's high had worn off and he came to his senses. he walked over to the wine room to let kaylin out, but was shocked when he opened the door.

kaylin was laying on the floor, unconsious, with a empty bag in her hand and white powder on her nose.

"oh my god... oh my god" rafe said pacing back and forth. "ROSE" he screamed and she came running into the room. "rafe what happ-" she stopped as she saw kaylin on the ground.

"rafe! what did you do to your girl friend!?" rose screamed as rafe started crying. "i didn't do this shit, she did it herself."

end of flashback

that was one of the most traumatizing nights of my life. sometimes i still think i should've died that night.

the day after i checked myself out of the hospital against medical advice. i had refused to see rafe, but he visited anyway. we got into a fight and i ended up breaking up with him.

neither of us took the break up well. rafe almost overdosed multiple times. i felt terrible and like i was the cause of this, but i knew i wasn't. if we stayed together it wouldn't end well.

i was still a mess, but i started hanging out with the pouges again. i got wrapped up in this hunt for the cross to take my mind off rafe. it didn't really work.

i was still doing coke, despite the fact i almost died from it. one of my closest friends, jj, always tried to convince me to stop but it was no use. eventually he gave up on getting me help.

speaking of friends, i made up with vanessa, even though she fucked my boyfriend. i needed someone and knew it needed to be her.

i had been best friends with vanessa since kindergarten, and i knew our friendship couldn't end.

now that brings us back to the treasure hunt. it was getting crazy. we were currently stowaways on a boat to retrieve it, and sarah of course. sarah was rafe's brother, and she didn't seem to care about us being together. she knew how bad the breakup effected him, but agreed we were not good together.

i was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts as pope screamed for me to jump