chapter 6- out of it

kaylins pov:

i explained to rafe what had happend after he passed out. "wheezie saw all this?" he asked me. i nodded. he looked guilty and said, "can you text her and tell her i'm alright?" i nodded and grabbed rafe's phone off the bed.

i texted wheezie:

rafe:
hey wheezie, this is kaylin, rafe is alright if you want to come see him. please don't bring ward :))

wheezie:
omg! thank god. ill be there asap

"she's going to come see you." i smiled but rafe seemed upset. "what's wrong?" i asked him.

"i just, i don't want her to see me like this." he let his head drop. "rafe, shes your sister. she loves you. she doesn't care. and besides, i think you look cute." he cracked a small smile and patted the space next to him on the bed.

i layed next to him and he let his head fall onto my shoulder. "i love you" "i love you too"

we both had fallen asleep and woke up to wheezie jumping on the bed. rafe groaned and held his stomach. "hey wheezie, he's really hurt right now so can we be careful?" she nodded and got off the bed. i did too, so she wouldn't feel alone.

she pulled up a chair next to mine and we both sat down. she squealed and said, "rafe i'm so happy your okay!" rafe smiled at his little sister and motioned for her to hug him. my phone started ringing. "i'll be right back, it seems like you two need a minute anyway."

i walked out and answered the phone. it was jj of course.

"kaylin? it's been three days. no ones heard from you. we thought you would be back by now. were all fucking worried."

i sighed and knew i should tell him part of the truth. "uhm well there was a change of plans, i'm not sure when i'll be coming back. maybe tomorrow."

"kaylin you can't just stay there with... you know never mind."

i was getting a little annoyed. "i can't just come back right now jj you don't understand" i didn't realize but i was raising my voice a little.

"why not kaylin? i don't get it like i'm trying to understand here but it doesn't make any sense."

"jj, your not going to like my explanation but it is better than lying. i've been staying with rafe. i didn't want to at first but i did. he's really hurt right now and i'm at the hospital with him. thats why i can't come home yet jay." i was starting to tear up a little thinking about how scary it was for me when rafe got hurt.

he didn't talk for a minute but eventually said, "is he okay? i know your not together but i can tell you still care about him, or you wouldn't be at the hospital."

i decided to tell him, "he's okay, and actually." i paused before resuming, "we are together."

"kaylin, are you joking?" he laughed.

"no, we're back together. rafe is my boyfriend."

jj was quiet for another minute or two. "you know what happend last time kay, he cheated on you. you were a mess for a month. and you overdo-" he was saying but i cut him off.

"i know but we both weren't innocent in the relationship. i forgave vanessa and it was time for me to forgive him too. i'm over it jay. he loves me and i love him. we had some deep conversations the past few days. we both finally admitted we have an addiction and that we need help. neither of us had ever said that before. it was such a big step for us and i just-. what i'm trying to say is we are both fucked up and that's what makes us meant for each other."