chapter 8

kaylins pov:
rafe was sitting with sarah, as i walked into the château. i looked at him and then sarah. "can i talk to you sarah?" i asked. she nodded and we both walked outside away from the rest of the group.

"i know you guys don't really get along, but there is something up with him." i said and sarah replied, "i know. i forgave him after he told me about everything that happened. i know rehab won't work for him, but he needs help."

i agreed with this. rafe was too stubborn for rehab, plus he would probably only go if i went with him. "i don't think coke is the problem. he is just traumatized from ward. when we do coke together, it doesn't effect us as much as it used to. it just makes him a little more agitated." i said. i continued on and said, "i'm thinking he has ptsd, or some other type of mental illness. i don't think if he got diagnosed he would believe it though."

sarah said, "even if he did get diagnosed, what are they going to do. they clearly can't give him pills. he doesn't need another addiction." i nodded. sarah continued, "i overheard your conversation with the pouges a few minutes ago. maybe if you guys got help to-" i cut her off by saying, "sarah, i can't get help. i don't need it and i can't have it. i love rafe, you know i do, but i can't guilt him into getting help just because i do."

sarah just stood there and finally said, "i get it. maybe just talk to him and see if he wants a therapist or something." she shrugged and walked back over to the rest of the pouges in the hot tub.

i walked inside and saw rafe with his head in his hands. "baby..." he said as he tried to stand up, but he grabbed his stomach. shit i forgot about his cut. "lets get you cleaned up, okay?" rafe nodded and i layed him down on the couch.

i grabbed a first aid kid and cleaned his cut with rubbing alcohol. "ow!" he yelled. "its okay i've got you." i said as a stroked his hair. i finished cleaning his massive cut and wrapped it.

"we're going to go back to tannyhill, and i'm going to take care of you." i said as he pulled his shirt down and sat up. i practically lived with john b so i went into the draw where i kept my stuff. i grabbed a bunch of clothes and some other items and put them in a plastic bag.

"i'm going to go fill my friends in, stay here." i walked outside and saw everyone in the hot tub.

they all just sort of looked at me. a few of them flashed a smile but i could tell they felt guilty. "i'm going to go stay at tannyhill with rafe for now. sarah, ward's paying the bills on the house but he isn't coming back anytime soon if you want to go back home." she nodded and said, "yeah maybe" i smiled and went and stood behind jj. i wrapped my arms around his neck and give him a hug from outside the hot tub.

"thank you for all your help jay, i really appreciate it. especially because of how much you can't stand rafe." "anytime kay." he said smiling.

"i'm going to need to stay with rafe for a while, but i'll see you guys in a few days?" they all nodded and waved goodbye. "bye guys." i said as i went inside and sat down next to rafe.

"we will be okay." i told him as he looked at me. "i hope so." he said as i gave him a small kiss. i had left my car here a while back before the whole bahamas situation, so we got in my car and drove to tannyhill.

"wait, drive down to the beach." rafe said. i said sure and then parked at the beach. we both got out of the car and walked onto the beach. we sat down in the sand and watched the waves.

"i love you kaylin." rafe said while looking into my eyes. "i love you too." i replied and pulled him closer to me to kiss him. after we broke the kiss we laid down in the sand. i put my head down on his chest.

"this week was rough." i said. "yeah but i would do it all again if it meant i got to stay with you." he replied and i smiled at him. "that month without you really was one of the worst of my life." i said while looking into his eyes. "it was for me too" he agreed and then started running his hands through my hair.

i wanted to stay in this moment forever. i felt so comfortable with rafe. i felt like i could tell him anything...

"rafe, theres something i have to tell you." i said quietly "shoot" he replied.

"last night i got news that my ex step father, blake, passed away." i said almost whispering. i hadn't told anyone this yet. "i'm so-" rafe began but i stopped him. "you don't have to be sorry. he was terrible to me." rafe looked upset now.

"it turns out, he never updated his will, so everything got left to me. i got back everything i used to have." i said slowly. i didn't know whether i should be happy or not. "well is that a good or a bad thing?" rafe asked me. "i'm not sure. now we have millions of dollars to support ourselves, so i guess thats good. i just don't know how to feel about the whole situation. i haven't had money since i was 12. i've lived on the cut. now that i can go back to living on figure 8, i don't know how i feel." i stated. rafe nodded and gave me a slight squeeze, telling me that he understood.

"i already had a realtor sell the bahamas house we had, and it sold for 20 million dollars. i forgot how loaded i was." i laughed a little and rafe smiled. "well, for now we have tannyhill, and whatever money we need to support ourselves, or buy coke with. i think we will be ok." rafe said and i laughed.

"speaking of coke...." i took a bag out of my pocket. rafe gave me a kiss and helped me form some lines with the powder. we both snorted two lines and laid back down in the sand.

"wanna fuck?" i asked him. "is that even a question?" he said as i straddled him. the rest of the night was like a dream, and we fell asleep cuddling in the sand.