Chapter 2

Erika POV
"Hey, Erica" he beamed.
"What are you doing here" I frowned. Joe walked over to the empty seat next to me while the rest of my family continued eating.
"Your mom invited me to brunch. I was bored waiting for you to come back home so I decided to come."

"Really Mom" I groaned. I looked nervously as she began to speak."What honey? I can't invite him over. He's my best friend son. My honorary nephew.  He sounded like he was hungry so a quick shebang." "Heh, I guess. I just wish you would have told me" I argued.

As always the food was delicious. We had grits, crosaints, avocado with toast, eggs, and a bunch of other stuff. Also bacon. I love bacon!

We finished eating and my father, mother, and Joe went to me to the study. While Tyler, Taylor and I sat in the living room."When are gonna get married"? Taylor asked."Yea, you have your nieces and nephews but I want some" Tyler pouted.

"First of all, I'm not you or Taylor I don't want to get married this young. Also, I just want to relax and focus on my career. There's a new promotion at my firm and if I get it. I will be moving to Paris for 4 months. So, I'm not looking for a relationship." "Come on, Erika. We just want to see you happy" Tyler spilled.

"I am happy guys. I don't need a guy nor dick in my life to be happy". "Relax Erika. We retract what we said. Don't listen to him or me. You know what! Let's go clubbing. We haven't gone in a while and I'm excited to say SUPRISE! I'm opening a new club next week. I want you both to come" Taylor grinned.

Taylor looked at me with puppy eyes. I looked away then looked back. "Fine but I'm bringing Luna so I won't be third-wheeling on you two with your married couple times."
"Siblings before dicks. We won't leave you" Tyler cheered. We all laughed continuing talking. Topics of trying to hook me up with somebody kept popping up. Right when Tyler asked me the types of guys I like Joe walked in.

"Erica" Joe curtly called. I turned around and saw an irritated expression on Joe's face.
"Let's go" he ordered. Mom and dad came walking from the hallway towards us."You can go without me I'm gonna stay here a little longer".

I watched his jaw clench from the side." No, go with Joe. I'm letting Bertram off early so you're not gonna have a ride back home. I know you have work tomorrow honey"."I can just have Taylor or Tyler take me home" I added.
"Oh, no can do sis! Tyler and I are going to stay here tonight" Taylor informed. Annoyed with my family. I take my only ride out of this place.
"Fine. Let's go, Joe".

As we drove away in Joe's Mercedes I waved goodbye.Joe and I have been friends since we were five. Our parents were best friends in college. They got out of touch when Joe's parents went overseas. After, a couple of years, they ended up as our neighbors. Ever since then I went to Joe's house and he would come to mine.

"What's wrong with you Joe "I frowned."Nothing. I'm just tired" he sighed.
"You shouldn't have come if you're tired" I hissed. "I get bored if you're not at home".
"You need to get a girlfriend that way you won't be so bored" I snarled. He looked at me then back at the road.

We arrived back home and I went straight to the couch using the remote to the flat screen tv. I put on a movie and bundled up into my cover. Halfway through the movie, Joe came out of his room and sat down beside me on the couch.
"What are you watching"? "The office" I muttered. "How can you watch this? It's boring" he scoffed. "Shh. You only watched one random episode. You need to watch it from the very episode. To see immaculate piece that is Micheal."

"No" he firmed. "Yes." "No". "Yes."
"Fine but give me some cover" he uttered. I put on the show and we both got comfortable. I cuddled while sitting beside him. He was warm and it felt satisfying . As we continued watching the show my eyes started to close. I felt a gentle kiss on my forehead and I heard a faint whisper of words but I couldn't understand it. I had drifted off to sleep.

***********************
What do think she heard? I hope you liked this chapter. Please like and comment.