Chapter 101: The End

Joe POV
I laid there eyes closed. My dreams of Erika and I together. We smiling watching movies. Me caring for her. Trying to figure out when did things go wrong. I would never see her brightening smile or hear her laugh. Every beautiful dream was replaced with a sad face and a nightmare with her falling.

I jumped up gasping holding my sweat bed shirt in a tight grip. "Erika" I called out like a scared child. I looked around our old bedroom seeing the sun come in through the balcony. That same balcony I couldn't protect her from herself. I stood up walking to that same balcony. Sometimes I could picture Erika beside me. That I saved her from falling and she regretted trying to leave me. But I punished her for trying to die on me.

Everything I did I thought was because I loved her. I was obsessed and possessive. I felt it was the only thing to do to grasp the situation. I had driven my wife into a while making her become a shell of someone I did not know. If I had realized that I had broken her when I killed William. No her fiancé. I would have watched from a distance at her happy life.

Hearing the door slam close I whipped my body. Standing at the door in the shadow was my son. He was cold with no light in his eyes.
I knew he hated me growing to know the life he was thrown into and how crazed I was over his mother. He was now Don with us doing the ceremony. His wife told him that she was pregnant. That they had an heir. Things were set perfectly for him. And I knew what he came here for.

"Conrad" I croaked. He walked into the sunlight "Don't speak my name. My mother gave me that name. You're nothing to me" he stated. "I understand what I've done" I explained. Conrad scoffed "Do you...now" he smiled with tears in his eyes. "I was wrong for trying to force you and her to come back. You both were truly happy".

"Is that it?" he asked. "You beat my mother and tortured her. I had to pick her up off the ground some nights cause she didn't have Will either. She hated it when I saw her like that. She hated you. I had to watch my mother lose all her hope. After my grandfather died my mother wasn't there the same. You drove my grandfather to his death. Not letting him see his daughter. I suck up and hold it in. I hate to wait till handed me the controls to give you the punishment you owe but deserve" Conrad shouted.

I winced nodding my head. "A life without your mother is no life at all" I whispered. I knew what my son was in his all-black stating the crimes I had done against my sweet Erika. He is the grim reaper here to kill me. I smiled as my son held a gun to my temple. I could see Erika beside him smiling. I was happy I was able to see her smile one last time.

Bang!

.

.

.

.

.

Hello, readers I hope you enjoyed "The Crazed Man"! Thank you to everyone who read this story to the end. I always wanted to create a dark romance book. Please comment on your opinion of the ending. I will also be making more dark romance stories so follow to look for more!!