Chapter 6 (Explanation)

(Sasuke's POV)

Ugh, I feel sick. Arms crossed over my chest, I narrowed my eyes over the woman across me. This sucks. Meanwhile Kasumi, contrast to my mood, probably is blooming flowers around her. She took me to a coffee shop, apparently wanting to 'explain' things. The only reason I grudgingly agreed, is because I do owe her some. But damn, what are the odds that she's related to (Name)? Speaking of her, I wonder what happened back there.

She better have an explanation of her own by Monday, aka tomorrow. "I know what you're thinking, Sasuke." I raise a brow at her, unconvinced. "You do?" She leaned in, giggling. Ugh, I'd rather deal with my fangirls at the campus.

"You're regretting what you did in New York, am I right?" I scowled at her bright aura. "No, I'm not. Ever." she laughed, playfully slapping my shoulder. Annoying. "I'm kidding. You didn't use to be this mean when we were dating, Sasuke." I'm questioning myself now why did I ever like this girl.

"Let bygones be bygones." I shrugged. "Anyway, what do you want? It's on me." Kasumi pushed the menu to me. "Nothing." I pushed it back, uninterested. Even if I was hungry, I'd buy something myself. "Alright. Let's just talk then." she sighed in defeat, fiddling with her straw. "Why did you run away?" Kasumi pouted at me.

"I was shocked. Besides, I don't like the idea of talking to someone I broke up with."

"Why? Afraid to rekindle feelings?" her teasing smirk doubled my uneasiness more than the amount of time I had already spent with her. "No, I just don't like being around you anymore, Kasumi." I sighed, massaging my temples in irritation, "Are we done here? I want to leave as soon as possible."

"Geez, you're so mean! I have a boyfriend y'know. He's way better than you so no worries." I rolled my eyes at her, unsure if I should be happy or insulted. "Did you stop?" I asked, reminiscing a certain nightmare I've witnessed back when I was dating her. "Yes, because of my sweet boyfriend~!"

"Change of subjects!" again, not wanting to speak, I just rose a brow at her. "What are you to my sister?" and just like that, my stoic expression cracked to the surprise question. "W-what?!" I practically squeaked, way too shocked to even control my voice. "Are you crazy? We haven't even known each other for a month!" Kasumi gave me a look of confusion.

"Sasuke, I just asked about your relationship with her, not 'are you my sister's lover?' did I?" I feel my cheeks grew even hotter as she continued. Why the heck did I even react that way?! "Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you acting like you're interested in her?"

"I am amused with her. But not in that way!" I exclaimed. "Awe, I'm not sure if I should believe you."

"Yeah, well, you should. I'm credible as fck."

"You're just too embarrassed to admit it."

"I-I'm not!" she hummed, looking at her watch. "I hate to end our time so short together Sasuke, but I have to go, bye!" she stood up, "Pleasure to meet you again."

"Can't say I feel the same." Kasumi stood up, ignoring what I said and left without saying another word. I sighed. Geez, I hope I don't bump into her again. I reflected on our conversation earlier. I'm absolutely sure I just want (Name) as a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. But then I realised Kasumi didn't ask about the explanation I actually owe her. The reason why I broke up with her.