Chapter 8(The Past)

(2nd Person)

There was a little girl with an older version of her. Hand in hand, they happily decided their choice of game. The younger female seems to be around four years old, while the older one's mostly like seven years old. They were playing tag. The older girl's definitely a fast runner, so the little girl had a hard time tagging her, causing the other to chuckle. It took a while before you finally gave up. "Kasumi! I'm tiredddd, let's rest for a bit!" you called out, collapsing under a centenary tree.

The said girl was against it at first, before giving in and sat beside her sister. "Tired already?" your uncle showed up, chuckling as he watched his younger niece try to even out her breathing. "Can (Name) and I go play by the riverside, Uncle?" Kasumi asked in an excited manner. Your uncle had to refuse though, for it's too dangerous, especially without a chaperone. "Maybe next time, when I'm not doing any work, okay? I'll get back to it now. You girls play safe."

"Wait!" you beamed, sitting up. "When are Mommy and Daddy going to pick us up?"

"They're busy running errands, (Nickname). I'll tell you when they text me, deal?" you nodded happily, playfully shaking your uncle's hand. Kasumi crossed her arms with a pout, "But I wanna go by the river..." she mumbled, therefore their uncle didn't hear her. When the only adult entered his cabin again, Kasumi grinned at you mischievously.

"(Name), let's sneak out." you blinked at her with disbelief. "But Daddy said that's bad." Kasumi frowned, "But it's boring here~ come on!" she urged you, wearing her infamous puppy dog eyes. You looked at her hesitantly. Kasumi's ideas are indeed fun, yet it's only for a short while. It always ends with you, her or both acquiring something bad. So far the worst one you got is a broken arm after hesitantly agreeing on sliding down a stair railing. Your mom got so mad with you, blaming you for agreeing on something you knew is stupid, while Kasumi was let off with a scold from her. It happened while your father had some business abroad.

"I dunno, Uncle said not to..." your sister frowned at you. "You're lame, it's just the riverside! Uncle's very busy with work, we'll be fine."

"I'm not!" you protested, puffing your cheeks. "Then come with me." insulted, you ended up taking her hand. "Great, let's go." At Kasumi's initiation, you both quietly sneaked out of the backyard. "Are you sure we'll be alright?" you asked nervously, "If Uncle finds out, Mommy and Daddy will get mad at us..." you trailed off, pissing off Kasumi. "Are you a scaredy-cat, (Name)? We're big girls already, we can do this." she faced you with her hands on her hips. "Look, we'll get back before the sun sets. That good enough?" you slowly nodded.

Both of you finally can see the said riverside. It's a good distance away from your uncle's house, but it shouldn't be too far. However, you didn't expect the only shortcut in order to reach it. A fallen, thick tree bark. Sure it looks stable, but you felt nervous nonetheless. You hoped there's another way, but the other option stretches way too far you can't even see it directly leading to the riverside. "Come on (Name). The river is very clear and the rocks around made it more beautiful. I'm sure you'll love it. We can even take pictures." She winked at you as you hesitantly mimicked your sister while she takes off her slippers.

Kasumi had always been the adventurous and brave type, and you looked up to her for that. You really, really wanted to be like her. "Kasumi, I can't!" you yelled halfway while your sister already made it to the other side. "It's okay, (Name)! You can do it sis!" her words of encouragement meant nothing to you as you looked down. "Don't look down (Name)!" Kasumi screamed but it was too late. You lost your balance upon your fear of heights kicked in. You didn't notice how deep the pit was until now.

Both of you had a look of horror as you fell in, acquiring some bruises. You tried to move, but pain shot through your leg. You couldn't help but cry from the pain you're experiencing. You felt hot, it was dreadful. "Kasumi, help me!" you pleaded, voice cracking.