Chapter 18 (Our Ending?)

(Your POV)

Sasuke's hand squeezed my sweaty one, trying to give me comfort because I'm a damn nervous mess right now. "Come here." he said, pulling me into a hug. "It's going to be alright. I promise." I hugged him back, tighter than what I expected. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"We're here." Reo informed us. "Holy sht, that's your house— mansion?!" I exclaimed, the huge-ass gates with walls greeted me. "My parents'." he corrected me. "Right, sorry." Sasuke patted my head in reassurance. "They worked really hard to earn all of this, y'know?"

"They sound amazing." I smiled, which he returned. The engine then halted. "Let's go." I nodded, taking his hand.

"Good luck." Reo told us with a serious expression. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Thank you." Sasuke lead me inside and their servants, I'm guessing, greeted him enthusiastically. He gave them a nod, before continuing our way to the living room. There sat his parents, probably doing business stuff while his siblings are nowhere to be found.

Sasuke cleared his throat to grab their attention. I saw his father not even sparing me a glance whilst his mother gave me a smile. "Mother, Father. This is (Name), my girlfriend." just then, his father's gaze is on me, only it's stern. "So this is her." his mother's smile dropped and closed her laptop in order to give us her full attention.

"Yes, Ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you—" I went over to shake her hand but she held up her hand to stop me. "Let me be clear right now. You're not the right girl for my son." my heart immediately sank as I stood frozen in front of her.

"Sasuke, you know we've talked about this last night." this time, it's his father who spoke. "Father, please. I love her. If you both will just try to get to know her, you'll know she's the best for me!" Sasuke defended, hand intertwining with mine. "Sasuke Uchiha, you will think of this logically and marry Karin Uzumaki. It has already been decided!" his father raised his voice, causing messy thoughts push each other in my brain. But one thing's for sure. The girl who loathes me is his fcking fiancée.

"Why didn't you tell me...?" I whispered, feeling betrayed by his secrecy. "You told me we'll tell each other everything..." the female raven finally rose from her seat. "Let me handle this." she said to her husband, gesturing for me to follow her. "Mother—" Sasuke tried to object but she glared at him. "Silence. This is between her and me only."

"This concerns me because it's my marriage and future!" I stroked Sasuke's hand. "I'll be fine. I won't let you go. I promise." Sasuke gave me a worried glance before hesitantly letting me go. By the time the door shut behind us, the woman before me smiled like nothing just happened. Like she's not separating me from my soul mate. "I'm sure we can settle this calmly. Please, have some tea." I accepted the beverage but I didn't drink it. "We can. As much as possible."

"Very well," she wore that stern expression again. "You see, my son is engaged to our company partner's daughter. I received a call from her earlier, hence why we called for Sasuke to bring you here. We didn't even know he has a girlfriend until last night." my brows furrowed at her as she took a sip from her tea.

"You're a fine woman," I scowled, not liking her tone despite the compliment. "But unfortunately for you sweetie, they demand Sasuke's hand in marriage in exchange for the help we need. Since you love my son, I'm sure you'll understand that we need this partnership in order for the company to not go bankrupt. Believe me, we tried to use alternatives but none would suffice at all." I felt hot tears stream down my face.

"I'm sorry, but we want you out of our son's life. We can help you get accepted fast to another school, move and such. The only condition you have to accept is to never interact with Sasuke anymore." I said I wouldn't let go, but keeping him by my side would lead to what his family worked for collapse. I clenched my fists. "Why the fck does it have to be this one damn company? Why can't you guys get back the money you've lost yourselves?! Didn't you two worked on this from the start? Why can't you do it now?!" the beautiful woman before me looked offended.