Wedding at the End of the World

Songs used:
Teenage Dream, The Rescues
Our Last Summer, ABBA

I do suggest listening to song 2 while reading. Takes place during the "Father-Daughter" dance at the wedding. It sets the mood.

You sat on the railing as Five was hunched over next to you

You sat on the railing as Five was hunched over next to you. He looked upset. Disappointed. Your legs didn't swing and your body felt like it had shut down. Your blouse was crinkled and your pants dirty, and your heels were killing you. Everything hurt.

"So," Allison spoke. "How is it that we're still here, but the whole universe is going down the cosmic shitter?"

"Maybe we're just the last to get flushed," Viktor suggested.

"Wasn't talking to you," Allison spat.

"Hey, has anyone seen Klaus?" Luther asked.

"Or Dad?" Sloane added.

"They'll be here." Diego assured them.

"Really? Did they... hit traffic?" Ben asked. "Look, people, we're alive because we're special, right? We're the only ones who can save the universe."

"Uh, question." Allison said.

"Yes."

"Didn't we just try that and fail miserably?"

"Yeah, well, it's because his plan was stupid." Diego answered.

"Mm."

"I got a better one."

"'Course you do."

"We go with the large hard-on particle accelerator. You guys do some science and..." He clicked his tongue. "We launch the Kugelblitz into outer space. Didn't think I knew that, did ya? It's in Switzerland."

"It's 'hadron'," Ben corrected him. "Not hard-on, ya moron!"

"Oi!" Lila called. "At least he's trying, you shitty little squid. What have you contributed?"

"Actually, he did blow up half his family." Diego said in Ben's "defense".

"Oh, you wanna talk about family problems? You know what should have blown up is your face on that neck!"

"I wish I had a cake to hit you with it in your face!"

"무슨 말을 하는 거야?"

"Será mejor que lo cortes..."

"닥쳐!"

"Hey!" Five yelled. "You guys done? The universe is disappearing outside." He stepped forward. "So you can keep rearranging the deck chairs of the Titanic, if it makes you feel better. But the fact remains that we are too late."

You felt your heart drop at the statement. Diego and Ben both scoffed.

"Five, come on."

"It's over, Luther." You hopped off the railing. "We're over. We failed."