Lore pt 1

i forgot to post these so i'm just gonna post them all in a row lol

That wolf might be insufferable, but at least I have someone to talk to who actually seems interested in what I have to say. I know the phrase "respect your elders'' isn't always right, but in my case I'd like to think it is. After all, I might be the oldest gootraxian alive. Before he gets here, maybe I could explain to... whoever will read this someday. You know, it's taken a long time as a gootraxian to train my hands to write. Most of us are completely incapable, but nightcrawlers have slightly more humanoid hands than most gootraxians, making us able to grip and hold things more easily. It takes a lot of time to steady your hands, but time is all I have, so I've decided to use it wisely. As such, I've decided to start a journal. Who knew there were so many empty books lying around? Now that my handwriting is at least somewhat legible, I decided that it was time to begin.

I am a nightcrawler, as I mentioned before, the oldest living one. There may be a gootraxian alive who is older than me, but I haven't met them yet. I believe I became myself the day the facility collapsed, or perhaps the day after that. On that day, there was a blackout, and I couldn't see a thing. Well, until a purple glow drew me in. The glow originated from the goggles that I wear even now. However, this is a guess, as I can't truly remember that day. However, I have seen other humans in a similar situation, so I suppose the same happened to me. Something was different about the nightcrawlers that those humans became though. They were completely blind with bloodthirst, it seemed. I saw them from the shadows, as they screeched and charged after humans, flinging them aggressively into objects and walls. They didn't stop for even a second, even as blood began to pour from their many wounds. Even as some of them fell, they took a human with them. I do not know whether it is determination or foolishness, but I simply don't have the same thing. I was overwhelmed with that feeling of power when I woke up, but I only attacked out of fear and confusion, fighting my way to the back of the facility, past dozens of aggressive humans.

Eventually, I found a hiding place. Of course, if you are reading this journal, you have found it. My opinion on humans is that they always act before thinking. When I was confused and scared that day, no human even hesitated before striking me endlessly with their weapons. Even humans who could have easily run away decided to attack. In some ways, I see the nightcrawlers in those humans, and those humans in the nightcrawlers. For some reason, I am different. However, my duty as a nightcrawler is to strike fear into all humans, and so I do. Though, only when there is no one to take my place, to do this for me.

At this point, I have become used to running and hiding. I only infect a few humans before I retreat, normally, attacking any others I spot on my way. I can't allow humans to feel safe for even a moment. Maybe out of instinct, but I'm not sure.

It is nearly time for him to come, I sense. We have gone through no power outages or blackouts for nearly a week, and that simply can't last forever. The generator isn't that strong, it is simply a matter of luck. A power outage is likely, but the generator's next failure will probably be much bigger than that. Oh, you might be curious about this "him" I keep referring to. He calls himself Grey, and while he might be a bit... strange, I can tell that he is lonely at heart. He only wants a friend, and as his friend, I feel as though I have to show him what I have found.

The lights are off now. He will be here soon. I will continue my writing later, when I have the time.