Chapter 42

Lucas P. O. V.

I wake up and Riley is still sleeping I glance at the clock and it say 9am. I moan quietly and pull Riley closer to me. She turns over till she's facing me and wraps her arm around me laying her head on my chest. She's still sleeping but she's still has pain and hurt plastered on her face.

Eventually her eyes flutter open.

"morning sleepy head!" I moan
"morning. " she replies. Getting up, she walks into the bathroom.

I follow her, I grab my toothpaste and toothbrush to brush my teeth. She's doing the same. When we finish I bend down and kiss her good morning.

"I love you. " I say
"I love you too" she says

She sighs, and I know why

"everything will be okay. " I say kissing her
"I hope. " she wispers

***

We walk into the hospital room where her mom lays bloody, bruised, and on a ventilator. I put my arm around Riley's shoulder.

"mom, I love you, I don't know what to say. Thank you for getting Auggie away from Max. I love you " she whispers through tears.

All of a sudden the monitors starts going off.
Riley starts screaming and I drag her out of the room.

"I need a doctor! " I yell

Riley starts trying to run back in the room and I drag her to the waiting room, as the doctors rush in.

I sit her down in a double chair and sit beside her. She's sobbing on my chest and it hurts my heart to see her like this.

Mr. Matthews walks in and tells me to take Riley home.

***

We walk into the apartment and I take Riley to the bedroom.

She changes into nothing but one of my shirts and I put on my pajama pants.

She lays down and I sit beside her and coo her to sleep.

My phone buzzes and it's Mr. Matthews

¤call¤

Lucas- Hello
Mr. Matthews- Lucas
Lucas-is everything okay?
Mr. Matthews- she's gone.

¤call¤

He hung up.
How am I going to tell Riley?

Hey guys
Whatsapp

Vote, comment

-Rucas lover-