~9

𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚊'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟
𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟶𝚝𝚑
11:00am

I looked outside to the bright light that's attacking my face from the outside. Looking down there was a human shape. It must be someone just walking down the street, but they look at me. directly in the eyes. Then i recognized her cold eyes. I ran down stairs, shutting all curtains, locked my windows and door. I had my phone out too and dialed the one person I know who will come her fast.

"billie" i whispered. i heard a banging on the door. "whats wrong" I heard the door hinge jingle. "hurry" I said and hung up. Alex is here. She's going to get me. My chest raised and fell quickly as i hid in the closet in the dark. I had skipper and shark in here too. after what felt like forever there was another knock. It was gentle and a small twist of the door knob. my phone buzzed indicating a text message.

bil

I'm here

Shark was already poking his head out of the closet and I followed him to the door. skipper followed behind me. turning the knob slowly I opened the door. Billie stood there almost terrified. I pulled her in quickly and shut the door just to lock it again.

"Hey hey calm down, breath" She told me. i sat on the floor looking at everything like it was not there before. like everything was different. I didn't even know my own house.

"why" i look up at billie. She crouched down sitting next to me looking at everything. "what do you mean why" She asked. "why me, why did i get into that relationship. why did she have to kill her, why is she coming for me." i started. billie listened until i said one last thing.

"why didn't i jump off that building" I'm staring at the light now. It lights up the room but it feels empty, and dark. Billie looked at me concerned. "I'm glad you didn't jump off" She laid back down beside me in the middle of the floor. Tears slipped down my cheeks, burning as they go down but soon the pain feels good.

"it's not the first time I tried" At this point she was just looking at me worried ad i spilled parts of my past. "first time was when my best friend died in a car crash. I remember what we were doing the exact moment we got the call. I was packing a bag to go over there because we planned on having a simple sleepover. She was coming to pick me up with her mom. If i didn't ask to go then she would still be alive right now" I saw a tear slip out of billie's eye as i looked at her. "hey now, why are you crying" She wiped them away and just looked at me. "no reason" I sighed.

billie sat in silence. Alex left, i think but now she knows i'm here. "so a week after, and after the funeral I decided to find a building. A tall one. i didn't care where or when. Just a tall building. I climbed to the top and sat on the edge. i could of just plunged to my death and all of this could have of been gone." I stopped talking and looked at billie. I didn't want her to feel bad for my past but history is repeating its self.

I'm falling for a girl, I tell her I like her, we end up dating, then they die. That's the process with Alex.

She finds out I'm with someone. there dead as soon as she see's them. "I won't" Billie's first words are. "what" I sit up looking at her. "i won't leave you," Her eyes look sincere. I know i can trust her. "thanks" I say. i stand up holding my hand out for her to grab. She accepts and gets up with me pulling her gently up.

"Lets go somewhere" Billie tells me. before i could say anything she pulled me out to her car and we went to some store i was not familiar with. "Lets go" She ran to the other side of the car letting me out. She grinned and made me follow her. We walked in then billie automatically walks to one part of the store.

"we're going to make your house safe" Her eyebrow twitched slightly as i watched her. She pressed her lips together as she ran through the store. "c'mon" She yelled from the other end of the store. I began running and found her by crashing into her.

"ouch" we said in unison. shortly after we laughed about it and continued. Billie grabbed literally all of what the worker said would be best for keep the house safe. Billie would glance back at me time from time and give me a small smile before continuing.

"billie" I groaned as we walked out of the store. "no, I told you I'm going to make your house safe" I sighed and put the stuff in the trunk. I'm paying her back. "no your not" I looked up at her. i said that out loud.

"I'll hire someone to put it all in" Billie grabbed her phone out of her big pants and dialed a numbed soon talking to them and hung up.

"they will be there tomorrow at 2" She informs me. i nod and stay quiet. I looked out the window as the building pass, clouds fade, the sun slowly move down, kids playing as if there is no care in the world with their bikes. Secretly racing the cars that pass, hoping they win even though they won't always will.

It's fun seeing how i was back then. Always happy, crying over not having a cookie, the simple things. My brother running around in my clothes to just get in my nerves. But he passed. We were very close.

"wait can we go somewhere" I looked at billie. She nodded. "go to the graveyard" She looked puzzled and wanted to ask a question but didn't ask. I like that about her, she knows when the right time to ask things and when not to.

we get to the grave yard and I picked some flowers before presenting myself to my brothers headstone.

Beloved Son and Brother,
Andrew J. Willow
February 8th, 2000 - December 11, 2013

I let the tear slip. its almost his birthday. He would of been 18 this year. I sat on the grass in front of his stone and placed the flowers. Just re reading the words over and over again.

<><><><><><><><><><>