Chapter 33

Chris POV

"Baby. Let Marianne do her job. Today is your day relax. The benefit is over. This your time with your family and friends." I try to drag her out of the kitchen. "I know handsome. Still wound up from yesterday I think." She laughs. The benefit did amazing last night. The biggest success it has ever had. The kids were over the moon as well. Especially when we did a grand Avengers entrance. No one more so than my fiancé when she saw I was wearing her favorite suit. She called me a f*cking tease actually. Which made me crack up. I had to promise to wear it home. Which was the most uncomfortable hour car ride ever. Every one came. Including Zach which was nice for Clo. David almost had a heart attack when Mark Hamill showed up. He was speechless. He hugged him so tight. They bonded. He made sure to thank Tai and Jon too. For the lightsaber. He had tears in his eyes. Which made my future wife cry too. She loves her big brother so much. To see him that happy meant so much to her. She thanked Favreau a hundred times. He adores her now too. Which isn't surprising. The scene of what followed will always be ingrained into my memories.

"So excited to see this. I have something for you and your mom here Clo. I think now is a perfect time to see it right?" He smiles. "Uncle T, you have already done so much for us. With the benefit and coming to my birthday. It isn't necessary." She says making me proud to be her father. "Now I want to even more sweet girl. Ok close your eyes." He waves over the people he is with. They are carrying a large item covered in cloth. The cloth is taken off. He tells them to open their eyes. "I don't believe it." Bri walks over to the large glass case. Staring at the figure set in it. She touches the glass as she tries to speak. "Is. Is this what I think it is Tai?" She starts crying with joy like a kid on Christmas morning. I hear Chloe softly say "Mama is that Nigel? Like the real Nigel." I look up. She is there now along with her mom. Both are teary. "It is my girls. I love you call him that. It's the second one used in the first season of the Mandalorian. He is all yours." He has his arm on Bri's shoulder now. "Tai, this is way too much. We can't take this." Her eyes never leaving the Baby Yoda in front of her. "You can and you will. Favreau and I insist. You give so much to the world around you. This is the world giving back to you homegirls!" He says firmly. She hugs him tight. He returns it Sabrina. "We wanted to do something to say thank you. You have brought the whole MCU together again. We have lost touch. Lost why we even started doing this. The joy of the movies. Touching peoples lives in ways we forgot. Somethings are ending on those screens. Somethings growing off them. That is all because of the two of you. I knew it the moment I met you both almost a year ago. My homegirls." He smiles kindly at them. You can tell they mean so much to him. Taika loves everyone I know that. But my girls? They mean the world to him. They drew him in the way they do with everyone. An aura that is very rarely seen. One that I get to have in my life on the daily. Two of them in my life. How blessed am I? Here he is my friend. Gifting them with something above and beyond because well. Him and Favreau saw them that way too. He tries to lift the mood. "So, want to touch it?" He cracks up as do I. "Relax American boy I meant the tiny green alien." He says looking at me. Teasing me. Knowing I am just as happy as he is in this moment. For them. Our girls. "Can I?" Sabrina whispers. Taika nods his head. He motions to the two gentleman to lift the glass. I look at Chloe making sure she can see this I put her in front of me. "Little princess look. Mama is having her biggest dream come true." I kiss my daughter's head. "No daddy Chris. You are her biggest dream come true. But this is pretty cool too." She looks up at me. "Really I am?" I smile down at her. "Act like you don't know it Daddy." She giggles out. God I love how she sounds just like my love. "Really little mama?" Tears in my eyes. Looking down on the daughter I have been waiting forever for. "You're mine too daddy Chris. I love you three thousand. Until the end of the line. Because I'm your little punk right Daddy?" She is teary. Such a great kid. "Yes. Yes you are little princess." Smiling right back at her. "Wait! Someone needs to record this for me!" Bri exclaims. Breaking me out of the spell with my little princess. "Already started Mama!" Tommy says. I just noticed his phone is up. She looks at Tai. He urges her to go ahead. I start recording on mine as well. This moment is something out of her wildest dreams. I can't not. She walks up to this little creature I know she has always wanted to see in real life. She goes to touch his little face. As she does he coos, bats his eyes and wiggles his ears. She jumps back surprised, giggling. Making my heart so full. My favorite sound. I get to witness this moment. My little geek. God I love this about her. Looking behind her I see Tai with a controller in his hand. A huge smile on his face. She touches his ear as she asks if she can hold him. She gets an eager nod from Tai. My daughter screams to do it. She picks him up. Everyone is taking pictures of her smiling like a child. I'm so happy for her in this moment. One of her dreams come true. My angel. All of our angel. She puts him down after a few minutes and a ton of pictures later. She ran to wrap her arms around Tai. In this moment they bond even further. I watch her whisper a thank you through tears. How he has no idea what this means to her. He hugs her back tightly. Silently telling me her she is welcome. "Tai you know this gives you all the bragging rights you ever could want. My dear brother. All the Topher swag you could ever imagine." She laughs. He lets her know he already took care of shipping it tonight. It will be there when we get home. "And my love. I didn't do it for that. I did it because you deserve this. Both of my homegirls do. So proud of you! My fellow f*cking genius!" He hugs her. "She is incredible mate they both are. You're a lucky man. No one in the world man. Other than you is deemed fit for my homegirl." Tai says to me. Grinning his smile I have been lucky to know. "I am truly am. I know it Taika." I beam with pride.