xviii. until next time

IF YOU TOLD ANNA ROWLY exactly a year ago that she would come to Hogwarts, get sorted into Gryffindor out of all the houses, befriend people who her parents had specifically told her to run away from, especially the Harry Potter, face Dementors an...

IF YOU TOLD ANNA ROWLY exactly a year ago that she would come to Hogwarts, get sorted into Gryffindor out of all the houses, befriend people who her parents had specifically told her to run away from, especially the Harry Potter, face Dementors and Werewolf and help a mass murderer escape she would have told you that you have lost it.

But, now, that she had done exactly all of those things, she surprisingly felt pleased, accomplished. The last night occurrence was the most action she had ever had in her life. It felt like a dream but now reflecting back, it wasn't the fear of getting eaten alive or having her soul sucked that she remembered, all she could feel was the thrill and the satisfaction of helping an innocent man escape and of course the pain she felt first thing when she woke up in the hospital wing.

They had filled in Ron about everything last night. Right now Harry had left to meet Professor Lupin who had decided to resign from his post. It didn't come as a shock but Anna still felt saddened that he would no longer be teaching them. Despite being a teacher he had become like a friend to her. She didn't know where Ron and Hermione were at the moment and decided to walk the grounds on her own to clear her mind.

Today was the last day of term. Tomorrow they would be loading their trunks into the Hogwarts express and say goodbye till they meet for the next term on September again. Everyone was in a happy mood except people like Anna, Harry and anyone with a hard home life.

Tension knotted in the pit of her stomach. It hadn't occurred to her once what would happen once she went back to Aristides for summer. Were her parents going to punish her? She didn't know. She was dreading it so much that she thought she wouldn't mind if the Hogwarts express crashed tomorrow.

With a mind full of apprehensive thoughts, Anna walked down the little steps leading towards Hagrid's Hut. She might as well bid her goodbyes personally.

Walking into the little yard full of pumpkins she peeked at her Lily plant. They had grown almost two feet and the buds were hanging down, lilies were about to bloom. She grimaced, she probably won't be able to see the first flower bloom but maybe she could ask Hagrid to take a picture when it does.