chapter 45

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter ii.

◆◇◇

"So?" The bitter voice of an angry yet worried blonde came into her ears, who held a can of orange juice in his hands. "What's the reason for visiting me at a time like this? Not that I mind it..."

Shizumi found herself unable to sleep after that,  and excused herself for a short walk, only to find herself in front of Class 1-B's dorm just a little before curfew, thinking that she had no one else to talk to about this.

Because if she told Kyouka, Bakugo would die.

"Sorry for barging in like that..." Shizumi typed, rashes in corner of her eyes, recalling how surprised his classmates were at her sudden appearance, and her appearance of a stray and lost cat that needed shelter from a thunderstorm, and Monoma dragging her into his room before they could say anything.

Monoma's room was pretty simple, with light blue curtains, a small study table, and some accessories like figurines or posters of some heroes Shizumi somewhat recognized. The odd part was the various clocks in his room; one on his table, one on his side table, one on the wall, ad one beside his bed. Surely, he had a clock fetish.

Probably.

"Like I said, I don't mind it. Now mind telling me what happened? I saw your license earlier and I sent mine too, so I know you didn't come for that." He highlighted, recalling how he sent a picture of his license earlier, and she sent a snap of herself with the caption of "Proud!! Midoriya-kun says hi even though he's nervous. Todo-sama wants to say hi too."

He hated to admit it, but he found himself saving that picture she sent too; a selfie of hers with Midoriya who held a peace sign on the bus earlier, and Todoroki from the corner peeking out between the small gap between the seats - only his eye showed though - since that was the only picture he had of her.

"Well, um..." She quickly briefed on the entire situation to him, and the blonde listened and answered with different reactions, and when she was done, he had veins popping out all over his face.

"I'll kill him."

"DON'T!!" She stopped him from leaving the room, dropping the blanket around her he had put on earlier. Monoma sat down on the ground once again as Shizumi sat on his bed, an angry look on his face from what he had just heard earlier.

"YOU CAN'T EVEN SPEAK?! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! I HATE HIM! THAT CLASS 1-A SCUM REALLY HAVE NO WAY TO TREAT THEIR OWN CLASSMATE NICELY!!" He shouted, his back arched as always, and the girl deadpanned.

Monoma-kun is really nice, but he needs to work on his reactions...

"I-It's alright...I don't mind it at all. I'm just glad he was able to express his feelings to me, even if it wasn't a very nice way," she trailed off, looking down at her lap at the can she held. "That's just who he is, and all he did was highlight the truth."

"He downright told you indirectly that you mean nothing to him."

"T-That's fine!! Bakugo-kun is that kind of person!! He still says that Kirishima and Kaminari mean nothing to him!!" Monoma let out a sigh at that, knowing well what type of person his redheaded crush was from past experiences. She's so warm-hearted that she doesn't realize she's dumb sometimes.

He didn't hate that part about her, though. Even though it was for someone else, he was glad she came to him for help.

"So then why did you cry?" Shizumi flinched since she had thoroughly washed her face before coming here so he wouldn't notice, and yet he did. All that rubbing for nothing...