chapter 38

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxxviii.

◆◇◇

The students were given a few days off in the dorms, but it didn't mean Shizumi would wake up late. She awoke pretty early, knowing well that she had a meeting with All Might today, so she quickly got up and dressed in a yellow thin-strapped vest and wore some baggy jeans, connecting a black shoulder bag in with her outfit.

She was sure to rid of her bedhead and brush her hair thoroughly, making sure there weren't any knots formed in her cherry-red hair that she was sure to curl as well. After attaching her favourite star clips, she turned the A.C off and fed some food to her cat, and finally headed down to the lobby.

She was sure not to make any noise that would wake her friends and neighbours up, considering that it was practically 10 am. She headed for the kitchen, making sure she didn't turn the stove on, however, she couldn't find anything except a few bread slices that looked a little old by now, and some apples. Guess I'll make do...

"Shizumi-san?" The familiar, soft voice of her freckled classmate came from behind the kitchen counter, leaving her to stand up, however, not before banging her head lightly against the marble counter. She let out a small squeak, finally looking up to see the one and only Midoriya Izuku, not removing her hands from her head, where she was thoroughly rubbing it lightly.

"Ah, I didn't see you there. Good morning Midoriya-kun!" She hand-signed, making herself smile at the sight of the familiar, sleep and drained face of her green-haired bean. He didn't seem to be in his sleeping attire, seaming how he wore a short-sleeved hoodie which was open from the middle, a white t-shirt covering his upper body. Followed by some light blue jeans, Shizumi noticed how there were a lot of scars on his hands; the remnants of his constant arm-breaking.

"Ah, yes, good morning, but how come you're awake?" He asked, standing on the other side of the counter, making sure to repeat his sign language knowledge in his mind over and over again to know what the girl was saying.

"Haha, I kind of have a meeting with someone at school today..." She sheepishly smiled, the pain from her head now gone. "But I could ask you the same question too.."

"Ah!" The boy looked like he had begun to panic, looking anywhere but her and sweating nervously, rubbing his nape and waving his arms around. "Ah well, the same as you!" He answered, but Shizumi slightly snickered at how he tried to come up with an excuse she could buy.

The microwave let out a sound, leaving them both to break their conversation and the female to run up to it, pulling out a burned bread. She began to let out fake tears, "So that's how all the bread was burned..."

As the girl cried out at how she finally had to make do with a freaking apple, Midoriya smiled brightly and walked up to the kitchen counters, grabbing a few ingredients and cooking pans. "Ah, should I make us some breakfast?" The girl smiled and nodded hysterically, leaving the two bright people to whip up a few pancakes.

Midoriya was sure to follow the instructions by his classmates of not letting Shizumi touch anything in the kitchen at all costs and instead asked her to just hand him over the ingredients while he did the cooking, since she kept asking if he had needed help, and he also felt a little bad for making her wait like that at the table alone.

Thankfully, he kept the noise level to a minimum, and the two worked together to make their tasty breakfast, having small conversations in between from time to time, and finally, sitting at the same table together and eating their tasty breakfast made by the green bean, yours truly.