chapter 59

a c t  i v.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter lix.

◆◇◇

The operation has begun, and dare Shizumi to say it was already so chaotic. There was a giant that blasted through the entrance and Ryukuyu's Agency had taken the offer of taking care of him, and there were already so many people attacking the heroes and police, all united to protect Shie Hassaikai.

She and her friends barely made it into the building and behind the secret passageway to where Eri was, and Shizumi really felt bad for leaving behind everyone slowly. Now, even Centipeder and Bubble Girl had gotten left behind, and the number of people that were getting hurt was too much. Shizumi couldn't heal each and every one of them despite wanting to, because Nighteye had clearly instructed her to only heal the people that were to fight battles.

She hated that; the way people easily judged who she should heal based on their fighting prowess, and as much as she hated that, she hated it even more at the fact that he was right.

Now, she ran down a long hallway that was lined with pipes and silver walls, with Midoriya and Kirishima by her side, while Togata ran ahead.

But they all came to a stop at a wall. A thick, cement wall that was obviously artificially made.

"It looks like a dead-end," the sergeant said. "So, what now?"

She walked ahead, asking Togata to use his quirk and look beyond that wall with her device. "Hm, nice idea!" He did as told, and although it was her first time seeing his use his quirk, she was amazed and left shocked. A quirk that let him go through things. Wasn't that basically invincible? As long as no one was faster than his speed activation didn't exist.

They all waited with bated breaths as Togata stuck his head through the wall for a few seconds and then back out again. "The hallway's just been blocked with this wall. Unfortunately, breaking through is not going to be easy."

"It's just a cheap trick," Fatgum said, clenching his fists together.

"If he did this, it's gotta mean we're on the right track."

This cheap trick...

"Won't stop us!"

Shizumi and Midoriya both stepped forward, knowing well that their quirks were most suited for breaking through things. They looked at each other and nodded, smirks planting on their lips as they each activated their quirks, "He's such a coward, thinking a damn wall can stop us." Kirishima commented, watching his friends.

They both charged forward with hands pulled back, energy pooling into the girl's fist while Midoriya activated his One for All Full Cowling, using his legs to kick through the stone, and Shizumi punched through the wall with all her strength, making rocks fly around. The impact they both hit sent the whole corridor shaking.

After the wall's little remnants were left, they both smirked in victory, shocks of green and flares of blue radiating off their skin. What a cheap trick.

"Hey..." Rock Lock started, his eyes wide as saucers as he looked at the two classmates. "...that didn't suck."

"I'll say. They beat me to a punch," added Fatgum.

"We need to get moving," Togata reminded.

"Lemillion's right," Nighteye said, taking the lead once again. "We've got to keep moving. Time is of the essence."

Shizumi and Midoriya quickly nodded at their mentor, took back their stances, and jogged after Nighteye and the rest of the heroes, determination flashing in their eyes. But this was too easy. If someone had a quirk of controlling the walls, then they wouldn't be satisfied with just a simple wall, right?