chapter 58

a c t i v.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxxviii.

◆◇◇

The rest of the meeting took until evening until the sun had started to sink down the thin-lined horizon, leaving the sky painted together as if it was a palette; various shades all mixed together harmoniously and creating an esthetically pleasing sight that calmed Shizumi's nerves down quite a lot.

"If only I'd rescued her then," Midoriya muttered, head bowed to the desk. "Even if I'd used force, at least she'd be safe."

Shizumi tightened up her hands, sinking in his words. Eri was just in her hands, and she felt the same as him too. She and he weren't the only people on the table. Her classmates that she came with and the Big Three were all sitting next to one another, hearing the story of their encounter with Kai Chisaki.

"Aw man. So that's what happened that day?" Kirishima said beside him, his eyebrows furrowing together as his lips formed a scowl. "So frustrating."

"We know you tried, Deku," Ochaco attempted to comfort, but it didn't help.

No one did, nothing that the heroes said in the meeting did. The three moped during the entire meeting. Togata was also mirroring Midoriya's posture, and so was Shizumi beside the green-headed friend of hers, feeling the same despair.

They'd never felt so hopeless before, because what was so great or happy about a child being traumatized in a tight faculty room with knives, while they sat all safe and happy? There wasn't.

Nothing was happy about it.

What kind of psychotic monster thought it was a great idea to use a little girl's body to create bullets, so inhumanly and selfishly? Shizumi's blood was boiling at that simple thought.

"This a funeral or something?" The homeroom teacher of the 1-A interns called out, hands in his pockets as he walked out of the elevator and appeared before them.

"Aizawa-sensei, hello Sir." Tsu greeted.

"Call me Eraserhead outside of school," he said, heaving a deep sigh. "You know, it's just my luck. Before you all got involved in this, I was going to recommend that your work studies be suspended."

"WHAT?!" they all exclaimed, jumping out of their seats. Midoriya and Shizumi looked the most shocked, repeating the images of Eri in their minds.

"Why would you do that?" Kirishima asked.

"You were listening when he mentioned that the League of Villains were involved, right? That changes things."

That doesn't change anything!! Tenko and Eri, I can deal with them both much more easily like this...!

"Kirishima. Midoriya. Shizumi. Togata, too. I understand that you all have strong feelings about this, but you've got to take the risks of it all, too. You may not be scared, but that just means you guys don't understand what is at stake here. Remember how Bakugo was almost taken from your clutches?"

Her breath hitched and her glare disappeared, that's...right. Bakugo was taken, right from me... She held up her palm, remembering their last touch of fingers before he drowned in that pool of darkness. She closed her eyes and clutched her fists painfully at the memory. If the League is involved in this, then that mist's quirk will...

God, I was so full of feelings that I forgot to think rationally. Even if I meet Tenko like this, he won't recognize me. Voice. I need my voice.

Aizawa-sensei bent down and looked at Midoriya, "Look, here's the deal. Midoriya...you still haven't gained my trust, again from last time."