chapter 57

a c t  i v.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter lvii.

◆◇◇

For the next few days, Nighteye didn't call in Shizumi or Midoriya into the internship, and that "tomorrow" never came. They were forced to attend classes, with Uraraka and Asui on leave, but Kirishima was also forced to stay back. 

Bakugo and Todoroki had injuries all over their faces due to the remedial classes they were facing, but Shizumi wasn't in the condition to talk or hear anything right now, just like Midoriya. She was sitting in front of Bakugo in her seat as usual, and the boy saw how sad her back looked.

"What's up with you Cheeks?" He asked, packing his bag up, but Shiuzmi didn't turn to him or even hear him. He irked, "I'M TALKING TO YOU!"

She became startled and turned around, holding a nervous look on her face, but her body was leaning towards the desk in hopes he wouldn't blast her face up. What's wrong?!

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK! I ASKED WHAT THE FUCK WAS WRONG! ANSWER ME!"

"Hey, you've been spacing out a lot..." Mina joined in the conversation, and Shizumi sort of expected Jiro to be here but she wasn't. Shizumi just shook her head as a no, not in the mood to talk to anyone right now.

Kirishima joined in, "Mina's right. You look awful," he took a seat where Hagakure sat.

"Wow, Kirishima, way to make a girl feel beautiful," Kaminari commented, and Kirishima immediately understood what he meant and began getting worried.

"Woah!! I didn't mean it like that!"

Shizumi watched them converse and took this chance to get up, but her shoulder was pushed down by Katsuki, who held a barely-seen look of worry on his face. His tone didn't match either, "I asked you a damn question. Answer it."

She looked from Bakugo to Kaminari, Kirishima, Hanta, and Mina, and they all held the same look. They all stared at her intensely, and it was kind of scary. She gave up and let out a sigh, taking out her device.

"It's nothing, now please let me go. I want some rest, and have some extra studying to do-"

"You ain't goin' anywhere, Cheeks," he grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the class when she stood up, startling her who held her bag in her arms, her stuff almost falling out of it because the zipper wasn't closed. Hey...!

"Wait, Bakubro, wai-"

"Dont follow us!"

The Bakusquad watched with eyebrows raised as the two lovebirds get dragged out of the building, "Wow! Rude!! He's keeping her all to himself!"

Bakugo, please let me go...!

She tried to take her wrist out of his clutches, but he only did after they reached the road down to the dorms when they were outside, and he did it rather harshly than he wanted. She held her wrist in pain and looked at him, having a firm look. "Don't look at me like that, god."

"I told you, nothing's wrong, and even if it is, it's about the internship. I can't tell you!"

It's his first time seeing her so pissed and angry, other than the time she slapped him. He still feels that sting before he sleeps sometimes, but he let out a sigh and stuffed his hands into his pockets, walking down with her by her side, enjoying the sunset. "You don't have to tell me directly, god, what a dumbass. Just tell me how you feel."

Why is he...being so considerate?

He saw her curious look and looked away, hiding his face from her, but she swore she saw his ears go a little pink. He could already tell what she was thinking, "I'm not, sheesh! I just think that bottling up feelings isn't a good idea. Keeping all that pent up inside..." he muttered, looking away, "until it all boils over, its a bad idea."