20.

"We have to go back in there

"We have to go back in there. Back to the upside down." Nancy announces to the group after a short discussion about why Will's house phone has been suspiciously busy for the last three days.

"Nope!" Eddie exclaims in protest as he shakes his head dramatically, clearly over these life or death situations we keep ending up in.

"Whoa, no, no, no. Let's think this through." Steve tells Nancy, trying to calm her down a bit.

"What is there to think through?!" Nancy yells firmly and the rest of us silently gape as the two oldest teens fight.

"We barely made it out of there in one piece." Steve tells her honestly and we all hum in agreement. Those demobats really kicked our asses.

"Yeah, because we weren't prepared! But this time we will be. We'll get weapons and protection. We'll go through the gate, we'll find his lair and we'll kill him." Nancy explains further, not giving up on this death wish.

"Or he'll kill us. The only reason you survived is because he wanted you to. He's not scared of us." Steve waves his hands around to try to get Nancy to understand what's at stake here.

"And for good reason. We were wrong about Vecna, Henry, One? Sorry what are we calling him now?" Robin asks with her brows furrowed and everyone says something different about what to call our new villain.

"Right. We've learned something new about Vecna slash Henry slash One. He's a number like Eleven only a sick, evil, make, child murdering version of her with really bad skin." Robin rambles, running her hands through her hair frantically and trying to stay calm under the stress of this situation.

"-It's not a fair fight!" She finishes after a moment and Dustin holds his hand up like he's realized something.

"Then why fight fair? You're right, he's like Eleven. But that gives us an upper hand.  We know Eleven's strengths and weaknesses." Dustin speaks up and I can see the gears turning in his little genius mind as he continues to speak.

"Weaknesses?" Erica asks confusedly, raising her eyebrow at the boy.

"When he attacks his next victim I bet he's back in that attic, physical body defenseless." Dustin explains, and I nod in agreement, thinking of how this plan might possibly work if we execute it properly.

"Defenseless? What about the army of bats?" Steve motions to the gnarly choke marks on his neck from being attacked by the bats.

"Right, true. We'll have to find a way past them, distract them somehow..." Dustin thinks aloud, putting his hand on his chin in thought.

"And, uh, how do we do that exactly?" Eddie asks sarcastically and Dustin shrugs simply.

"No idea." He tells him and Eddie sighs in exasperation next to me.

"But once they're gone, he doesn't stand a chance. It'll be like slaying sleeping Dracula in his coffin!" Dustin finishes, hope forming in his eyes.

"That all sounds good in theory but there is no pattern to Vecna's killings.  I mean not at least one that I can decipher. We don't know when he's going to attack next. We don't even know who he's going to attack-"