24.

After the tiring task of gathering pieces of scrap metal and fortifying Eddie's place against demobats I stand next to my brother as we take in the newly secure trailer

"Not bad..." Eddie comments as we stand and admire our handy work.

"Not bad at all..." Dustin smiles up at Eddie proudly and I lean my arm against my brother's shoulder with an impressed nod.

"Now for the fun part." Eddie beams, taking my hand and dragging me back into the trailer towards his room.

As we enter, Eddie gapes in awe at the sight of his guitar. It's in mint condition, the only thing untouched by the filth of the upside down.

"It's like... she was destined for an alternate dimension." Eddie mutters out as he looks at the guitar lovingly.

"She's gorgeous." I tell him honestly as he looks down at me excitedly, ready to show off his skills.

"What do you say princess, are you ready for the most Metal in the history of the world?" He asks, eyes twinkling mischievously as I grin up at him and his cute enthusiasm.

"Is that a rhetorical question?" I raise my eyebrow and he takes the guitar off it's hook on the wall, putting it on and throwing it over his shoulder smoothly.

"Let's do it." He exclaims, winking over at Dustin as the younger teen looks at him in admiration.

Eddie and Dustin get to work climbing to the roof to set up the guitar amps while I run an extension chord from a working outlet on the other side of the gate to the upside down.

It takes some time climbing up that makeshift rope again but I manage to do it after a bit of struggling.

Once I manage to run the chord back to the upside down, I go back outside and plug it into the chord to the amps.

I'm about to climb up the ladder to the roof when I realize I've left my flashlight back by the pile of scrap metal when we were gathering supplies for the trailer.

I start walk away from the trailer over to it, and Eddie's voice calls out from behind me.

"Hey! Where are you going?" He asks curiously and I turn behind me to grin up at him on the roof.

"I'm just getting my flashlight, I'll be right back." I tell him and he gives me those adorable puppy eyes as he looks down at me.

"Okay... just be careful." He tells me softly and my heart melts at his concern towards me.

"I'm a big girl Eddie, I can handle a little walk over to the scrap pile."  I tease, walking backwards as I watch him shake his head at me with a smirk.

"Evil minds that plot destruction, sorcerer of death's construction..." I hum the lyrics to the song in my headphones as I make my way over to the pile of scrap metal and start to look around on the ground to find my lost item.