Chapter Eight: I'm Sorry...

[The art above does not belong to me, please give credit to the original artist.]

It was now night time as Huggy Wuggy was sitting on a chair out on the 2nd floor balcony, smoking a cigarette and drinking some canned beer. Huggy Wuggy was playing "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" by The Ink Spots on his phone on loop.

Huggy Wuggy leans back in his chair as he exhales the smoke from his cigarette before taking a sip from his canned beer. Huggy Wuggy couldn't fall asleep, so he decided to have a smoke and some beer before trying to sleep again.

Huggy Wuggy sighs a bit before he hears the doors to the 2nd floor balcony open. Huggy Wuggy turns and see that it was Plucky of all people as he looks at him confused.

Huggy Wuggy: What are you doing up here?

Plucky Clucky: Uh... I uh... *Sighs* I couldn't sleep... *Fidgets with his fingers* I-if I may... Is it alright if I join you...?

Huggy Wuggy: ... *Smirks* The more the merrier, kid.

Plucky takes a seat on a chair next to Huggy Wuggy, who inhales his cigarette before exhaling the smoke from his cigarette again.

Huggy Wuggy: *Scratches his stomach for a moment* Want a cig'? Some beer?

Plucky Clucky: *Smiles nervously* N-no, but thank you for offering...! You, uh, got anything like a bottle of water or something...?

Huggy Wuggy sighs in annoyance before grabbing a water bottle from a cooler that's right in between his feet before giving Plucky that water bottle.

Huggy Wuggy: *Takes a sip of his canned beer* So, what kept you from sleeping?

Plucky Clucky: *Takes a sip from his water bottle* Well... It's mostly because of anxiety, nothing more nothing less.

Huggy Wuggy: Right.

Huggy Wuggy soon finishes his cigarette before putting it out in his ash tray that's sitting on an end table that's right next to him.

Huggy Wuggy: *Turns to Plucky as he grabs another cigarette* Look, I'm only saying this for the sake of your own good, but you gotta stop letting anxiety control you the way it does. It's not healthy.

Plucky Clucky: *Sighs and nods in agreement with Huggy Wuggy* I know... I just wish it was-

Huggy Wuggy: Easy?

Plucky Clucky: ... Yeah...

Huggy Wuggy thinks for a bit as he sits up, lighting his cigarette. Plucky stays quiet as he drinks some more water from the water bottle.

Huggy Wuggy: Did... You and Kissy Missy talk about anything this morning that may be causing you to not be able to fall asleep?

Plucky froze, he and Kissy Missy did talk about how Huggy Wuggy is Rich. However, Plucky doesn't want to bring it up in fear of offending Huggy Wuggy.

Plucky Clucky: *Nervous* W-what gave you that idea?

Huggy Wuggy: *Inhales his cigarette* Hm... *Exhales smoke from his cigarette* Well first of all you seem to be a lot more... "Anxious" than usual. Second of all Kissy Missy wasn't being her happy-go-lucky self as usual today. So you two had to have talked about something somewhat serious.

Plucky Clucky: W-we uh... Uh... talked about... Uh...

Huggy Wuggy: You two talked about what?

Plucky Clucky: ... *Became very anxious* MEANDKISSYMISSYTALKEDABOUTYOUBEINGRICH!!! [Translation: ME AND KISSY MISSY TALKED ABOUT YOU BEING RICH!!!]

Plucky quickly closes his eyes shut expecting Huggy Wuggy to give him a beat down for even thinking about having that kind of conversation with Kissy Missy.

However, Plucky suddenly feels something rub his back as a way to comfort him. Plucky nervously opens his eyes to see Huggy Wuggy kneeling down to his height and rubbing his back.

Before Plucky could say anything, Huggy Wuggy puts out his cigarette and puts down his canned beer before he pulls Plucky into a comforting embrace.

Huggy Wuggy: *Shakingly sighs, trying not to cry* It's... It's been so long...

Plucky doesn't say anything as he hugs back.

Huggy Wuggy: Plucky, I'm sorry for how I've been treating you for the past 2 months you been here... I was just, so scared of you leaving again that I figured that I push you away before I could grow attach to you...!

Plucky continues to not say anything as he continues hugging Huggy Wuggy back with tears running down his face. Huggy Wuggy takes a deep breath, calming him down before he looks at Plucky with a comforting smile.

Huggy Wuggy: Let's get you in bed. I have something that may help. How about you bunk in my room for a change?

Plucky Clucky: *Blushes* S-sure... *Hugs Huggy Wuggy's arm* I don't mind that...!

Huggy Wuggy: *Blushes from this* Uh, do you uh... Want me to carry you...? Only if you want me to...!

Plucky Clucky: *Blushes* Y-yeah... Please do...

Huggy Wuggy carefully picks Plucky up bridle style after he finished his canned beer and throwing it away in a trashcan. Plucky hangs onto Huggy Wuggy tightly, who tries not to laugh at this.

Huggy Wuggy: *Smirks* What? Afraid I'm gonna drop you?

Plucky Clucky: *Hanging onto Huggy Wuggy tightly* Y-yes...!

Huggy Wuggy: *Laughs a tiny bit* Don't worry, I won't drop ya.

Huggy Wuggy gets up and soon walks inside with Plucky in his arms after he picks up his phone and turns off the music on his phone.