V

I thought when I finally told someone my secret it would be somewhere else besides the closet. I hope she understands what I'm trying to say.

"I think it's about time we get out of the um..." I clear my throat "closet"

"oh um okay" she says. I smile standing up offering a hand. She takes it as I pull her to her feet.

"what time is it?" I ask searching for a clock.

"9:45" she says yawning.

"I guess I better be going" I say stretching. She nod giving me a quick hug.

"uhh um thanks for being a part of my life"

"no problem, Princess." I walk downstairs and out the door. I run back to the motel passing a small white Lexus car on the way. It's so shiny I could see my reflexion in it. Cars aren't really important to me now.

I sigh smiling a little too happily. I better not screw up or Charlotte will probably cut off my head and serve it up fried. I sigh arriving at the motel. Home sweet Hellish home.

I get changed climbing into bed. My eyes quickly shut and off I am asleep.

"Reaper" a voice booms at me. The floor red along with the walls. This room is in the shape of a hexagon. Two gold thrown with rubies sits on a pile of jagged rock before me. The ground as hard as cement. This is Lord Tallinn's throne room. There are pictures on the wall of past rulers and their family. The last one being Tallinn and his wife, brown hair and brown eyes. She a baby in her arms.

"Lord Tallinn" I quickly take a knee.

"rise" he says. Lord Tallinn if I can remember is a Siren. Sirens are usually females but some males become Sirens. Their voices as alluring as the females they both sink ships. His eyes red like his palace and his hair has gold as the sun itself. It's as if he was born from perfectness. His skin tan and his build a tall and masculine. He's the pure definition of perfectness just like all other Sirens

I rise onto my feet.

"my Lord" I say.

"where is the girl?"

"why do you want her soul?"

"her soul is important to me"

"how?"

"with her soul I can become whole again I can feel alive. I can be human again. I didn't choose this life" Sirens give up their souls to become Sirens. Sometimes there are Sirens that are born Sirens instead of human. They can't really reverse the process unless they find a soul to fill the void. Wait if Charlotte's half Siren does that mean she only has half a soul?

"human?"

"yes boy. I want to be human and I don't want to rule over this kingdom. My voice carries too much power. I want to be able to return to Earth to see my love"

He's probably talking about Charlotte's mother. The ruler can't leave Hell. Their bound by a larger power to stay here. The Council is like the rulers right hand men/women.

"but she's your daughter"

"do I really care about that?"

"yes" my voice firm and loud. He laughs a long laugh.

"you see Reaper. I didn't want this. I was a human before. I gave my soul to Charlotte. I died that day but they didn't know that. I died the day that girl was born. Her mother thought I went on another business trip. I was walking through Hell through that pitiful pit. A Siren spotted me and she told me I could get out of this place. I took her offer and became a Siren. Singing my music my voice like a charm luring others to die. I could only see my family every 3 years. It was torture to be away from them"