Charlotte

My eyes blink in and out of consciousness. It's a room. The door is closed. The floor is carpeted and the walls painted sky blue. My left hand is handcuffed to a metal table bolted to the floor. 

"Look at you all stuck tied to the table" Iliana says her voice startling me as she getting up form the bed. I didn't realize she was there. 

"Iliana what are you doing? Get my untied please" 

"Charlotte I can't do that. You see we have a interesting relationship you and I. V was so happy with me, but you had to come along and take him from me" 

"but what about Lev?" 

"Lev" she laughs. "Lev was a user. He let me get taken away. He made it look like he was trying to save me. He was trying to be the good guy but no he set this all up. it was centuries ago. We were going to get married. It was the night her proposed to me. I couldn't resist his charm. No one could" 

she pauses

"we were walking down the boardwalk. We just barely went to the county fair. It was dark but the city lights were as bright as day. The Ferris Wheel spinning round and round and the music playing in the background. Out of no where a bag thrown over my head. I heard Lev's voice. 'Don't hurt her, please.' It sounded like it had all the care in the world but I could hear through him. His voice was cold and cruel but I was in love. A silly high school girls love story. He tried to get me but he was held back. He arranged this, all of it. I didn't see the people that kidnapped me, but they were his men. They stabbed a syringe into my neck. The last thing I heard Lev say is that he'll come find me. He'll come and rescue me" 

she lets out a laugh. 

"I was a fool to believe him. He left me. He never came. He left me with those people. I could never forget. I was there slave I was there prisoner. They whipped me when I did something wrong when I didn't do things to there standards. I remember the burn marks from their cigarettes. I was locked in a tower. No one knew where I was. I had lots of friends but I suppose they didn't care enough to come look for me. I ran around cleaning after them. Abiding by whatever they wanted. Luckily one day I escaped. I found my own way out. He never came for me. He only wanted me for my money" 

she smiles sadly. 

"but why are you working with him now?"

"he's very persuasive. We both get what we want. I want V and he wants your soul. If we get rid of you we both get what we want" 

"I thought you two" 

"us two? What did you think?" she cuts me off.

"I thought you two were made up and everything was good. You even kissed him" 

"that was not my choice. He made me. I just couldn't resist. Now enough talk" she smiles walking towards me.