Charlotte

8 pm. Jesse and I waddle around after walking have a mile into a 7 Eleven. Not really sure why but we're just here. We leave after not buying anything at all. There's a really pretty spot at the top of a large hill hill over looks the city.

"Race you to the top" Jesse calls out and starts running.

"No fair" I laugh running after her. She reaches the hill first and I fall on top of her. We both laugh at each other. I crawl off of her and sit so close to her that our legs touch. I look at the tiny dazzling lights. It's a really romantic place to go. Jesse looks at me. I look back at her. Whenever I'm with Jesse she genuinely makes me smile.

10 pm. I walk through the dark blue door into my house. My boring yellow colored house. The nice part about it is that it has a red bricked ceiling which I favor out of everywhere else in my house. Don't even get me started about the inside of my house. The walls and I mean all of them besides mine are a nice shade of grass green which I absolutely hate. It's a nice color but it doesn't match anything.

I enter my house. On my left. The stairway carpeted by white carpet along with the rest of the living room on my right. Dark chocolate colored couches and a glass coffee table sits against the wall of the stairs. On the wall on my right is a closet door and across from the couch a tv hooked up to the wall. I go upstairs into my room and set my backpack on my bed. My desk is covered in books and who knows what else. Theres a bookself above me desk and to the right of it a multicolored lamp.

To the left of the desk, is my dresser and my closet door against the wall. I close the curtains to my window and walk downstairs. No one should be home yet. Mother left a note this morning saying she should be home about 11 pm.

She was wrong. I walk into the kitchen. My mother sits on a red stool he elbows on the granite counter. She holds a mug the mug I gave her last year. It reads "Mothers are qualified experts on all things children." Theres a smiley face next to the period.

She sighs her brown curly hair falling out of her once was tight bun. She's wearing light blue sweat pants and a white tank top. Her almond eyes the same color of mine looks deeply into her mug.

"I see you're home now Charlotte" her voice scares me.

"mom, I didn't expect you to be home"

"well you need to start expecting the unexpected"

"I'm glad your home"

"are you? well I wonder where you've been"

"what time did you get home?"

"don't avoid the question Charlotte" she takes a sip out of the mug, the light brown mug.

"I've been out"

"doing what?"

"I was out with a friend"

"male or female"

"female okay relax"

"relax how can I relax when I thought that my baby girl wasn't going to come home" her voice wavers.

"It wasn't anything big I just saw an old friend of mine"

"Jesse?"

"yes mom"

"I like that girl, you seem to be happier when your around her"

"thanks mom"

"8"

"what?"

"you asked me what time I came home at"

"oh, sorry for staying out so late"