Charlotte

Hell. I didn't know what to think about it. I thought of it as very red and on fire. Here it's different. The grass is green and trees are here but there're no leaves. The air is moist and humid. It's hot here yes, but not everything is on fire. A few trees and buildings have tiny flames. There are a few flowers here and there most of them are wilting. 

The other half of Hell a winter wonderland. The trees frozen with large icicles that seem like it could really kill someone. The ground covered in snow and ice. Nothing is really there. No animals no nothing, neither are there animals on this hot side. Except for a few demons and creatures moving here and there it's very empty. 

Was it already this empty? Or was it the contract I burned making everyone disappear? I lean into V slightly, his warmth surrounds me. I try moving my legs again, still nothing but pain and lots of it. The heat tickles my skin but it doesn't hurt. 

"Don't touch anything" V whispers. 

"why?" 

"because you'll get burned if you do. I learned that the hard way. And don't touch anything on the cold side too." he replies. I nod back at him as we continue walking. 

The grass looks very well taken care off. I want to reach down and touch them but by the look of V's pants my, my hand might end up on fire. At the end of the field stands a castle. The walls as black as obsidian and a red river surrounds it. There're vines climbing up the walls and large stained glass windows each pane has a small picture on it. 

"Hey, V" a man calls over to us. I look at the body of the voice. Tall, well built with fair California tan skin. His green eyes stare intensely at us. His mahogany red hair short and wavy. He wears leather pants and a white button down. The sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a few buttons unbuttoned. His black dress shoes has a slight shine to them. Followed by a smirk on his face that show off those pearl white teeth. 

"look who finally showed up" 

"only because of this cutie" he pinches my arm.

"ouch" I mumble. 

"careful" V says a bit harsh. 

"I was just kidding. Aren't you going to introduce me?" 

"Charlotte, this is Lucifer. Lucifer this is Charlotte" 

"nice to meet you" Lucifer grins sticking a hand out. I reach out and shake it gently. "you look like you've been through a war" 

"no kidding" I roll my eyes. 

"when you get the chance you should join my army" 

"I don't think so" V says shaking his head. 

"wait you have an army?" I ask

"I'm the head general of Talon's army. So basically I'm in charge of it" 

"cool" I smile shyly. 

"anyways. We're here to visit King Talon" V says changing the subject. 

"King Talon won't visit just anyone" Lucifer laughs. 

"but he'll visit me" I reply. "because I'm his daughter"

"you mean?" Lucifer looks at me. "you're the lady with that huge bounty on her head?" 

"yeah that's me" I smile bigger. 

"I heard you burned that contract" Lucifer walks around us looking me head to toe. 

"oh yeah. Now take us to King Talon" I reply. 

"of course, my lady." 

we all walk to Talon's castle sharing stories. We enter the castle. The walls are higher inside then they were outside. Paintings of paintings hand on the ruby red walls. The floor a smooth wood oak and there are rooms on either side of us. At the end a large silver door with a lion head hanging over it.