Charlotte

11:35 am. we both go to take a shower since we both didn't have time last night. Then we change into our jeans on the ones with holes in them. Jesse wears a red tank top while I wear a boring red tee with a blue raindrop on it. we both tug on our matching black hoodies with white words reading "Freedom" on it.

"You ready?" Jesse asks pulling out all the other clothing from it and putting the spray paint cans inside of it.

"ready" I remember yesterday night her hair dripping wet. We had the time of our lives.

"well let's go." she slings the bag over her shoulder pulling her hair into a low ponytail. I do he same with my hair as we walk downstairs and into the kitchen. we smile at each other grabbing a banana and a apple and a few pieces of bread as our breakfast.

There is a door next to the fridge on he left. We exit through the kitchen into the small neighborhood. Last week Mrs. Spaghetti died from falling down the stairs. She's an old little woman about 80. I don't know her much but I did go to her funeral.

"What's the plan, Jesse?"

"just follow me" she calls someone on her black cell. "hey where are you staying?" she says into the phone. I wonder who she was calling.

"uh huh, uh huh, okay I'll meet you there" she hangs up.

"so?"

"let's go to that motel near that one closed down gas station" she tells me.

"okay got it." Jesse knows these streets as well as I do. I just say my family is better then hers yet she still does better then me in school but who cares. Her mom just recently got out of prison for stealing. Jesse's family doesn't have too much money. I don't her family they have to live this way. The things people do for a can of corn.

"So Jesse when are you going to be going back home?"

"um let's see.....never" she says walking crossing the street. I follow my steps in sync with hers.

"why?"

"well I told my parents"

"what?"

"I came out and told them I'm lesbian"

"oh" Jesse mentions being lesbian slightly but I didn't think she meant it.

"yeah I don't want to talk about it"

"okay let's keep moving" I smile at her. She smiles back her smile saying "thanks for understanding" I nod back "no problem"

"so there it is." she grabs out a can of black spray paint and hands it to me. I nod taking it. Both of us run to the side of the gas station building.

We always have a theme sigh our spray paint a new theme each month. It's September and this months theme is wings so anything with wings. I draw a bird a white turtle dove. With a turtle shell and a dove head and white large wings sprouting from its cracked shell. A army green colored shell reminds me of the color of snot they have in cartoons.

I stand back and look at it.

"good job, Char"

"thanks Jesse." I say looking at hers. A fairy with purple little wings and a green little dress with long curvy black hair that falls right at her curves. I give her a high five.

We smile at each other as she puts the cans back into her bag and walk over to the motel. She knocks on room number 13. She knocks on it.

"Chicken" a male voice says from behind the door.

"chikidee" Jesse replies. The door opens slowly.

"V hurry your ass up"

"okay okay Jesse chill out" V says opening the door and coming outside. He quickly locks the door with his hands behind his back. He smiles staring at me. "and who might this pretty gal be?"