Gus alone

Gus was ready to leave.
He had spent his entire life in this small town, and wanted to get the hell out of there. He had known what he wanted to do with his life from day 1.
He wanted to be a magician.
People had always laughed when he told them that. They would tell him that that was a stupid dream, that he would never make a living.
But Gus was determined to prove them wrong. So, instead of going to college, he locked himself in his room and taught himself every magic trick YouTube had to offer. He even came up with some of his own. He was, possibly the best magician in the whole world. His plan was to move to Las Vegas, and audition for one of those tv talent shows. Maybe he could win. But for now, he was entertaining kids at birthday parties.
He had just gotten home from one, and was busy scraping cake out of his hair. He sighed.
Children were not his thing. He pulled out a crumpled 100 from his pocket, and placed it in his savings jar.
He flopped down on his bed, and opened his phone.
48 text messages from Willow
Willow: Gus
Willow: Gus
Willow: GUS
Gus: willow.
Willow: what took you so long????
Gus: I was at a birthday party.
Willow: I'm guessing it didn't go well?
Gus: I still have cake in my hair.
Willow: That bad?
Gus:  meh.
Willow: Wanna hang tomorrow?
Gus: sure.
Willow: I found this new cafe. It's called the owl house. I'll stop by your house and pick you up.
Gus: sounds good. 🙃
Gus sighed. He needed to get out of this town.
Hi everyone!! Thank u for the votes on the last chapter btw :3 I am super excited to start this fic! Jsyk, I will be going on vacation for the next few weeks, and I probably won't post another chapter until I'm back. Don't worry though!
Lots of love, CrazyVoltronPerson