Today

Read this while listening to this ⬆️
If you've ever loved someone, you know the pain. The pain of not knowing what they think of you. Of not knowing if they'll ever feel the same way about you. And all you want to do is to be able to hold that person. To comfort them in their darkest moment. To be able to be with them through everything. To be able to tell them that its all going to be okay. And to be there in the good parts. To be there in the happy times. When they can't stop smiling. When they cling onto you with excitement. And in the wholesome moments. When they tuck your hair behind your ear, and tell you that you look so pretty. But of course, you've been through all of that with them. But only as a friend. Oh what you would give to be there as a lover.
That's all Hunter hoped for.
Thump
Thump
Thump
The beat of his heart and the sound of his feet falling matched up perfectly.
Thump Thump Thump
MagicManicG
His friend. His best friend.
Hunter turned the corner. There it was. The coffee shop. This was it.
He felt his chest tighten up, and he felt his breathe shorten.
One. Two. Three. Four.
Breathe.
Gus.
No. Not now. Hunter could not think about Gus right now.
Gus's face.
His eyes.
His hands that wrapped around Hunter when he hugged him.
Gus.
The boy slowly ricocheted through his head. hitting every corner as Hunter stared at the coffee shop across the street.
A car honked at Hunter, yanking him out of his head.
Just then his phone buzzed in his pocket.
He pulled it out, and glanced at the message.
MagicManicG: Here! I'm at table 5! Can't wait to meet you!
Hunter let out a huge sigh.
This was it. Now or never.
Now.
He slowly crossed the street, and opened the coffee shop door.
It was a homey coffee shop, brick walls with tables and a couch right in the center. Hunter glanced around and noticed a young white-haired man behind the counter. He looked slightly strange, but Hunter headed over there anyways.
"Hey, do you work here?" Hunter asked the man.
"Yes?" The man said, giving Hunter a strange look.
"Oh of course." Hunter said.
"Where is table 5?" He asked.
"Right over there." The man pointed.
Hunter turned to where he was pointing, and the boy who met his eyes almost sent him into cardiac arrest.
Gus.
The boy locked gaze with him, and a sudden wave of realization washed over the both of them. Hunter practically levitated over the table. He sat down slowly, never breaking eye contact with with boy.
"You're MagicManicG?" He whispered slowly.
"Yes." Gus responded.
"That must mean that you're Goldenguard1789."
Hunter nodded.
The two boys starred at one another.
Hunter couldn't believe this. He was sitting face to face with the boy who he had told everything. With the boy he had only known online. And with the annoying boy who had come into the coffee shop. The boy who made bad jokes. The boy who he had had a crush on for the past 3 months.
Gus.
Gus.
Gus.
"Hey... do you want a cappuccino?" Gus asked.
Hunter smiled.
It was like a mutual understanding passed between the boys.
"Yes. That sounds perfect." Hunter replied.
As Gus slowly walked towards the white haired man at the counter, Hunter couldn't help but smile. He had done it.
Gus walked back to the table, holding to coffees. He set them both down, and looked right at Hunter.
"This may be sudden, but... will you be my boyfriend?" He asked.
Hunter felt his smile get even wider. Gus looked almost frightened at Hunter's excitement.
"Yes!" Hunter exclaimed.
"I mean... only if you'll be mine." He said.
Gus's grin was larger than life.
"Well duh!" Gus said.

One year later.
Hunter lay on his couch with Gus on top of him, sleeping. Hunter starred in the boys eyes. Oh what a wonderful year it had been. After the coffee shop, they had exchanged phone numbers and addresses before awkwardly saying their goodbyes. That night Gus had shown up at Hunters dorm crying about something, and the two boys had fallen asleep together. From then on they had always been there for each other. Through thick and thin. They would always be there for each other. No matter what. Forever.
We love supportive trauma boyfriends don't we. I honestly can't help but cry a little. I was crying while writing this chapter, knowing that this is going to be the end of this book. I really want to say thank you for how supportive you guys have been, and how you may not know it, but your kind words of encouragement have helped me through so many things aside from this book. I never knew I would make as strong of a connection with people online as I have through this book, and honestly... thank you.
-CrazyVoltronPerson

First chapter published July 2nd 2022.