Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

This story is ending soon. I'm not sure when however in the next 3 chapter I think. I'm writing on my phone so I'm sorry about any errors.

0o0o0o

"Severus I swear I completely understand your hatred of first years now. Thank you for coming in when you did. Victor Frankforts potion was on the verge of exploding. Oliver Grant's potion was horrid however it was the best one in class. I went over every single aspect of that potion with the class. I told them exactly how to properly brew it." Hermione sat her box of bottled failure on their shared desk.

Severus sat his paper down and grabbed one. He had to admit, she came up with something very ingenious. A box with holes in it for the potions vials to set in, the students names change with every class period. They knew where their slots were at all times and Hermione just had to tap the box and say the class period and the names will appear on the box with the vials the students touched. She was smarter than him.

He uncorked the vial and sniffed it. He held back a gag. Swallowing hard he set the vial back in the slot. "Nellie Olivander's smells like utter shite." He glanced at Hermione to see her glaring at him with a glint in her eye. "What? It smells worse than Pharaoh's diaper after dinner. What the bloody Hell did she put in it?"

Hermione shrugged. It was her only class until after lunch. "No idea."

He saw the tiredness in her eyes. "Love, come here." She walked around to sit on his lap, buring her head in his shoulders. He rubbed her back soothingly.

"Severus, can I come in?" Minerva. With a sigh, Hermione went to her seat amd started grading the potions. With no response Minerva simply entered. She nodded towards Hermione in a respectful Manor then turned to Severus. "Severus, Filtch is retiring at the end of this year. However Dumbledore wants him to stay on the ground like Hagrid did. Since Hagrid went to live with Madame Maxime in Paris his house is empty. Yes it made sense to have Lupin and his family there however they refuse. Their house in the forbidden forest with a tunnel only teachers can go through is enough for them. Dumbledore needs you to help Filtch move his stuff and set up his house."

"Why me?" Severus complained slamming his paper down. Minerva glared at him.

"Dumbledore said so, now come along." She insisted. Groaning loudly, he got up without a word amd stormed out the door.

Hermione watched him go with a smirk. "Glad to know becoming a father hasn't put a damper on his personality."

Minerva laughed sarcastically. "As if anything can make that charming personality go away." She went to follow Severus to make sure he didn't curse Filtch. "By the way, Miss Granger, what drew you to Severus in the first place?"

Hermione stopped grading for a long moment. She never fully thought about it. She just knew he had changed and went to prove that he was a good guy. "I think it was the fact that everyone else thought he was still the same bad guy that followed Voldemort when he was a teen. Yet as soon as he knew Voldemort wanted to kill Lily and Harry he changed. He played spy all those years, taking in all those words and opinions of every one else to where he thought he was bad as well. He believe others before himself."

Minerva stared at her for a long moment. Severus was always bullied in school by Potter and his crew. Now turning out that his own son had always thought bad of him probably didn't help any. She left without another word, leaving a thoughtful Hermione. All those years he was protecting them.