The Plan

The Plan

There will be a surprise in this chapter. :) For all those Dramione Fans out there as well. Not saying anymore on the subject. Now, READ MY PRETTIES!!!!

"Love, we have to get to Dumbledore's office," Severus mumbled softly to his sleeping and pregnant girlfriend. Okay, no, she wasn't technically his girlfriend. However, he thought of her as his girlfriend. He was just too scared to actually ask her. After all, it took him years to even decide that he was going to tell Lily of his feelings for her. It would take a while before he could admit anything or ask her anything in a relationship.

She groaned and pulled the covers up over her head, trying to shut Severus up. He wasn't having it, though. He would love to get back under the covers and cuddle up against her, miss breakfast and classes. He enjoyed her company and touch too much. However, Albus had requested their presence, so they must go. Out of respect, if nothing else. He pulled the covers off her, revealing her smooth, creamy skin and white matching undergarments.

"I don't want to go, Severus," She wined, rolling over to face him. He smiled.

"I don't either," he said, kissing her softly. "But we have too," he went on.

Pouting, Hermione got up. Firstly, she had to go throw up. Then after that she hurriedly got dress. Severus was watching her the entire time with a look that made Hermione get hot. Hormones. The worst. They held hands as they neared the Gargoyle that guarded the Headmaster's office.

"Cockroach Clusters," Severus said at the gargoyle. It jumped aside to let them through the door.

"Ah, Severus, Miss Granger, I thought you'd forgotten," Albus said happily.

"Yes, well, we'd rather not be here. However, we came here strictly out of respect for you, Albus," Severus said coldly. It was a different voice and look than what Hermione had seen yesterday, even this morning. It almost made her cry.

The older man nodded solemnly. "I understand Severus."

"What is this business that it had to happen this early?" Hermione asked, butting in. She didn't like the way Severus was acting right now. He was so sweet and loving in their Chambers. Now he was back to the way he used to be. Evil and rude. Her nostrils flared as she got angry with him. Severus said nothing as he sat down in one of the arm chairs opposite of Albus' desk. He pulled Hermione down to sit on his lap. He could tell that she was a little upset about something. He didn't know that it was about him, though.

Albus looked between the two of them curiously. Severus deserved love, and Hermione was willing to love him. She did love him, if not, she wouldn't be having his child. Albus really didn't want to do this. He knew for sure that it would ruin Severus' chance at love and a trusting relationship. Minerva would have his head though, if he backed out. He cared for the old woman too much to really object. Also, he was about ready to retire from the school. She would be in charge before long. "I would like to have Miss Granger tutor Mr. Malfoy," Albus said quietly.

Severus eyes went angry. "What? Are you daft?" He asked with venom.

"No, Severus, I'm not daft. Mr. Malfoy's grades in his classes are well. Except for transfiguration. He's falling behind in there and Minerva wants him to succeed in his NEWTS. So, Hermione, being the best witch in her year, will tutor him until his grades are better," Albus said in a "that's final" tone.

"Headmaster, can't there be anyone else? I don't think I'm emotionally sound to deal with Malfoy at the present moment," Hermione said sweetly.

Albus peered over his half-moon spectacles to look at Hermione in her eyes. "I think you will do just fine, Miss Granger," he said with a smile.